98 Hatch, my new civic

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hx- I will definitely boost this one right if I do slap a snail on this one. Learned my lesson for sure.

Jeff- I'm in the 845 area about 45 mins from newburgh yourself?
I had a feeling that you were lol

I am originally from the 845 area as well... around Middletown. I just moved to Pittsburgh though, Can't afford NY.

Maybe ill see you sometime. I'm always back and forth cause my parents still live there and I miss NY lol.

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gotcha yea NY ain't cheap that's for sure, hoping to drive this car to some decent meets around the area this summer. Maybe we'll see each other sometime... I heard that there may be the season opener at occ soon?

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gotcha yea NY ain't cheap that's for sure, hoping to drive this car to some decent meets around the area this summer. Maybe we'll see each other sometime... I heard that there may be the season opener at occ soon?
Hmm not sure. I'll have to talk with a few friends back home and see.

Sometimes I hate going to meets anymore around there. Some people are just scums.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool: that white hatch doe

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've narrowed my wheel color choices to orange or white, but that all depends on if I make this deal in the next few days, can't say what but it will be a good update so hopefully it goes thru.

Jeff- I hear you on the scum thing here in the Hudson valley haha. I believe that meet is actually somewhere in Mount Kisco but don't where there.

Thanks Crash! I actually have a question for you, just wondering what your coupe is lowered on, height looks about the same as I want the hatch. My coupe is on FnF type 1's but can't decide if I wanna go with those again or get something different.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IThanks Crash! I actually have a question for you, just wondering what your coupe is lowered on, height looks about the same as I want the hatch. My coupe is on FnF type 1's but can't decide if I wanna go with those again or get something different.
NOT ORANGE. NOOOOOOO.

:lol: I'm actually riding on F&F Type 1s. But if I had the money (and I will eventually upgrade) I want to go with Konis and GCs. But I'm in love with these coilovers.

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOT ORANGE. NOOOOOOO.

:lol: I'm actually riding on F&F Type 1s. But if I had the money (and I will eventually upgrade) I want to go with Konis and GCs. But I'm in love with these coilovers.
It's just an idea I'm really starting to lean towards white though cuz I need to purchase some taffeta white paint for my ctr mirrors.

Haha nice, I'm very happy with the F&F's but have read that the koni/gc is unbeatable. Been debating type 1's, 2's, or skunk2 pro-s type 2 I believe they are called and if funds are looking really good possibly the koni/gc's

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have put about 35-40k on my F&F's on my coupe and they still ride great IMO. LCA bushings and trailing arm bushings are pretty shot causing a rougher ride but coilovers themselves have held up excellent

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have skunk2 pro s and they're great. All the way down; not as low as I'd like, but they ride great.
Hmm your pretty low also haha, how they handle? I'm ok with a little stiffer of a ride if they can turn and handle roads good.

Probably going to go with F&F 1's again honestly just because mine have be great and I have no complaints about them for the price.

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update:

Been awhile since last update but I come back with some good ones.. Well I think anyways.

Picked up a pair of red recaros and 4pt takata harnesses a few weeks ago. First off wow, very satifisfied with they and prolly the best mod I've ever done to one of my cars haha. Only problem is back seat is pretty much useless cept the middle but who cares not my daily. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362714678.314651.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362714698.058872.jpg

Also swapped over suspensions off my coupe. Cars header sits much lower then the single cams for sure. Must also be the added weight of a b series?
Also bought new BWR gold lcas as the black blox had completely blown out strut bushings.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362715144.729387.jpg

Got my ctr mirrors painted and installed. They are the manual folding/power adjust ones. I just couldn't justify spending an extra 50-65 bucks for a button when I can just pull em if needed.

Anyways onto some kinda crappy pics, been too busy to get any good pics and only have my iPhone for a camera
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362715034.080127.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362715052.387170.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362715070.809732.jpg

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cleaned her up today, got 50 degrees and blue skies for once so I took my chance when I had it. Got tires on my gold wheels will be putting them on tomorrow... For now a few pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362867838.772113.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362867862.983062.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362867884.447267.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362867897.767091.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362867914.437965.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362867929.112208.jpg

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man!

Getting the Kosei's painted hopefully within the next week then just gotta save for some tires, thinking of going with Yokahama S-drives in 205/50-15.

Opinions on that tire choice?

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How do you like them? From what I've read and seen on here and other sites they seem like great tires for the price

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't actually driven on them yet because I'm in the middle of finishing up my suspension, then I have to get an alignment but I've heard a lot of great things about them also, like they are the best performance street tire in their price range, I can't wait to drive some mountain roads this spring!

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need to get an alignment on both my cars aswell and I hear you about those back mountain roads lol best roads to drive on