98 headlights

Rinzler

I used the search and couldn't find the answer, so here goes. 98 ek hatch having some headlight issues. Went to go get some gas and both headlights blow at the same time. Replaced with cheap sylvania (sp) 2003/h2 or something anyways. Got the low beam works and as soon i test the high beams bulb blows. :shock: still got low beams but no high beams on both new bulbs. So has anybody ever had both bulbs blow at the same time then replace them and then both high beams blow out but not the low beams.

Rinzler

And yes I purchased the correct bulbs just don't remember the exact serial number all that is still in the car.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like a short somewhere. Check the wires / grounds.

Rinzler

Sounds like a short somewhere. Check the wires / grounds.
yea i am going to when it's daylight. pitch black right now what sucks it started tonight. Had no issues out of it all weekend & tonight it started :???:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's funny how car troubles randomly pop up like this. It can get quite annoying! Good luck and keep us posted.

Rinzler

alright will do.... have to take wife to the doc's so it will be later on today before i can mess with it.

Rinzler

Update: A overcharged battery SMELLS F*CKING AWFUL!!!! Took the car out to get some lunch with my kid. While at the the drive thru the car starting to stink was so bad at McDonald's employee inside were like what's that smell? The smell was so bad I took my kid from the backseat who was crying cause it smelled so bad. Put him in the front with both windows rolled down. Got home popped the hood the battery was smoking!!! Called my buddy that works at Honda. He told the head mechanic he said the alternator was overcharging the battery causing it to blow my headlights and making my battery smoke park it or it could explode. So till i get some more funds that car is parked.