99-00 Climate Control bezel swap to the other type of bezel.

Bloodz

96-98 Climate Control bezel swap to the 99-00

Hi,
So I have a 00' Civic Hatchback with a 96-98 Climate Control and I want to change the bezel to the 99-00 so that I can have a 2 Din radio and it looks better also , but I'm wondering about the climate control system. Do I need to change anything (wires or some sort)? Because the one I have the controls are "manual" and I have been told that the one I want to swap to is electric. I don't know and the people that told me this is not sure either. I post the pics note that they are taken from the internet.

Mine looks like this, only difference is that mine has the clock on it instead of a "coint holder" or whatever it is.

This is the one I want to swap.

Genyc07

I believe you need the plastic ducts but I'm not 100%. I swapped dash panels and the one I installed was from a 97 when I put the ducts in I just put whatever middle ducts were closest and they did line up. I tossed the other two in instead and it went together no prob but I really didn't look close to see what I did wrong or if there was actually a difference cause I just wanted to get it done. I'm sure some Google searches will help. Also before you toss it in think about doin and led swap. You will be happy you did. Two mods in one shot! =)

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont know how you have a 00 with a 96-98 bezel in it, anyways your friends are right the 99-00 bezel is controlled by electrical parts not manual parts so you will need to swap out your blower box and some other stuff from the research i have done