99-00 Fog's on 98?

Ek_98civicPR

I own a 98 Coupe and I was wondering if its possible to install 99-00 fog lights on a 98 bumper with modification? Have anyone tried or is there any DIY? Thanks in advance

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The bumpers are completely different, there's no way to do it and have it turn out reasonably well.

EG 97

They make round fog lights for 96-98 if round fog lights is what you are after.

Ek_98civicPR

Alright thanks. I know the 98 bumper needs brackets to hold the 99-00 fog's but I was thinking to do some invention lol. Don't feel like doing the front end swap now maybe later :D

Actually I just saw round fog lights for 98 on eBay but I dont like it lol thanks btw.

zoepmp

its possible but you'll have to cut the holes yourself and find a way the stabilize iut on the bumper. really hard project due the fact that thew bumper doesn't come with OEM brackets a\or fitment. will not look the same as 199-200 bumper. sorry . but id be amazed at a similar or close result.

Civic Virtue

You could cut round holes in the bumper and mount them where they would go on a 99-00 front end, but would probably come out tacky looking. I don't believe the light cover would seat right either with the 96-98 bumpers.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the curve of the bumper is different so if you install the foglights/bezel it'll be pointing in odd directions.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I say go for it. Try it on a junked bumper first.
My gut says no it won't look right but i'd love to see an attempt at it. It might actually look good. ?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not worth the headache unless you enjoy custom fabricating like that. Like it's been mentioned, the bumpers are completely different.

Just get 96-98 round fogs.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'd really have to do the whole conversion to make it work. Anything else will look like a hack job.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats gonna look like garbage, i actually like the 96-98 square fogs better than the 99-00,