99-00 lips vs. 96-98

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
I know the front lips are different but will a 99-00 rear lip fit on a 96-98 rear bumper? I found a deal with both front and rear lips and I'd only have to pay one shipping so I wanted to know if this would work.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not 100% positive, but pretty damn sure they're the same.

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nighthawk said:
no, the bumper is different
Your wrong,the bumper is the same.You never see a 96-98 or 99-00 rear lip.Its always a 96-00 rear lip.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sean Gibson said:
Your wrong,the bumper is the same.You never see a 96-98 or 99-00 rear lip.Its always a 96-00 rear lip.
No, your wrong. If you read the very first sticky in this section you will see that the rear bumpers are different. I'm not saying that they definately won't fit, but the rear bumpers are different.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sean Gibson said:
96-98 rear bumpers are different from 99-00 rear bumpers. take a closer look at the rear bumpers..

as far as i know, the 96-98 rear lips wont fit 99-00 bumpers without modifications and vice versa.

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
Sean Gibson said:
I am sure ;) Just now I am searching for 99-00 rear bumper for my 97 coupe =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sean Gibson said:
The bumpers are different, but I've seen plenty of '99-'00 rear lips on '96-'98 cars. I'm not sure how much, if any modification they might need though.

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 99-00 lip has a bottom edge where the 96-98 does not...
they are different bumpers, but like anythigng with modification they will fit, but why go through the hassle? jus get a rear lip that is for your car

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah they are completely opposite.....thats why they changed the year if they were the exact same and fit perfect it would be 96-00 but it will fit like hanging off and lookin goofy

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they make 96-98 rear and front OEM lips...so look for them

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HB Rear bumper 96-00 same lip
coupe:
96-98
Rear Bumper (the lower lip of the rear bumper curves underneath the car)

99-00
Rear Bumper (the lower lip of the rear bumper curves in then outward a tiny bit from the car)
its posible to make it fit with a lil wrk

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
The bumpers are different, but I've seen plenty of '99-'00 rear lips on '96-'98 cars. I'm not sure how much, if any modification they might need though.
absolutly correct :thumbs up i beleave that you must modify it a little but nothing to big

to the origonal poster, make sure if you have a coupe you get a coupe rear lip and if you have a hatch get a hatch rear lip , the bumpers are shorter on the sides on a hatch