99-00 Si cd player in 96-98?

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, i found an 99-00 Si cd player for cheap. I was wondering if its just plug and play for the 96-98 civics? any info would be great. thanks guys!

johnj85@umd.edu

5+ Year Member
I have installed many many many car radios, and I believe that since the civic is the same gen, that the plugs on the back of your head unit should be the same (and the plug for the perripheral device (aka a stand alone player)).

Remember that the plugs are just: Const.Power, Power (turns on w/key), and your speaker wires.

Personally I would just go to best buy if your not comfortable under your dash, becuase loosing screws for holding your dash and hating yourself for it sucks.

johnj85@umd.edu

5+ Year Member
well in that case, the sloution is simple, just get the appropriate plug adapters and splice the same color wires together, or pinch them (which looks prettier). Otherwise, sell that expensive OEM part for a good price on ebay, and get a better performing aftermarket head unit, with a remote!!! (so unnecessairy, but sooo enoyable to have)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will loose your keyless entry if you have it...

96-98 integrated into cd player
99-00 separate door unit

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also you're dome light would not work. :(

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all the plugs for the radio are the same from 96-00
this is what i thought also. when you buy a wire harness adapter for aftermarket radio doesnt the kit say 96-00 civic??

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd get it and then see what you are getting into once you have, I'm sure you can make it work.

zipppablo

5+ Year Member
Damm i didn't know about the keyless entry I was wondering about that. Whenever I bought my car it already had an aftermarket deck and the previous owner had a cheap alarm just so it would open the doors, but my dome light doesn't work unles you manually put it on. That sucks, any way to fix it????

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damm i didn't know about the keyless entry I was wondering about that. Whenever I bought my car it already had an aftermarket deck and the previous owner had a cheap alarm just so it would open the doors, but my dome light doesn't work unles you manually put it on. That sucks, any way to fix it????
If i remember correctly you have to jump pin B8 with pin B14 in the green harness behind the radio.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow, thanks for all the input guys, appreciate everyones feedback one this. and as for the keyless entry thing, i got a viper alarm, so i wouldnt need to worry about that right? keyless entry is from factory right?