99/00 Si radio into older car

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just curious how any of your guys hooked up an Si head unit into an older car) specifically an EG.

I've found the plugs from 92-98 for the stock head unit are the same one piece plug, yet this damn Si radio has a space for 2 shorter plugs side by side. I've been looking for the stock plugs at junkyards and such but as expected its about impossible to find a newer civic around here let alone find one with anything left to it lol.

So how'd ya do it?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have one in my '98 but all I did was bring it and the short harness it came with (from eBay) into a friend's audio shop and he did the rest. It cost me all of $16 to have him do it.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea I see, I took it out of my Si when i had it but kept the harness in and just got an adapter to hook up an aftermarket head unit.

But tahts what i figured that I would need to get the 'short' harness and then just splice it into the existing harness, just wanted to know if anyone had any cheater ways lol.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah you can always just get the short harness that goes into the radio for a 99-00 and just tap that into the existing wireing or an aftermarket adapter.

PiNoY Ep3 SI

Mouse Car Driver
5+ Year Member
Get a 98+ honda reverse harness and a 87+ honda harness splice the wires together and you have your harness for the swap.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey marc too bad you dont have that stock1999civic anymore lol I could use that piece.

other guy: I duno what your talking about, I dont need the reverse harness for a 98, thats not the issue I'm looking for the plugs that go into the back of the head unit itself, a male plug. 87+ isnt right because from what ive seen at junk yards and stock head units at least 92-98 are all the same one piece white long plug. whereas im assuming all 99/00 if not just Si 99/00 USDM civics are a 2 piece male plug coming from the underdash harness, that plugs into the back of the stock Si head unit, lol thast a mouth full oh well, guess im back to junk searching. thanks anyways

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha that was a 95 civic, lol i have the white 95 to aftermarket adapter... i think the and 99-00 civics including the SI had a one peice.. the 2nd part might be for an cd changer ... ill check on that though