99 b16A2 VTEC not working..

Darcus

Hey, I have a 93 civic with a 99 si b16a2 engine in it, My VTEC has not been working for sometime. I Have checked wiring to the Solenoid (All seems fine) and to the ECU (One wire was loose, pushed all the way in) Just had a recent oil change (10w30 full syn.) Any feedback would be nice. Thank you.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did it work before and just stop working or has it never worked since the swap?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
LOL.. I'll take a look at it this weekend if I have some free time.

... I was wondering if you were going to join these boards. BTW, the link in my sig is the build of that car. Though I've moved some pics around in my photobucket so it killed the link to a bunch of those pics.

92lseg

Does your speedo work right? Bad vss can cause issues

Temp gauge? Also can prevent vtec

Vtec oil pressure switch also..

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know if you're implying that a CEL would cause vtec to not work, but if so, that's a myth because my CEL is on and my vtec works fine. But I'm not sure how you meant it so please don't take offense to my post lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know if you're implying that a CEL would cause vtec to not work, but if so, that's a myth because my CEL is on and my vtec works fine. But I'm not sure how you meant it so please don't take offense to my post lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well for both reasons, to see if there is a code that would relate and for VTEC to not work due to CEL being on. Everytime I've had a CEL VTEC doesn't work. But that could all depend on the code :what: Like my CEL is on for an ETC and VTEC doesn't work.