99 civic d16 cheap intake?

jbwilliam

I know I started a post a little bit ago about cold air intakes and short rams and what would be better. But now that I'm looking I cant really find a cheap d16 short ram intake. I don't need anything special so maybe even an eBay one would work. Just something different to make under my hood look cleaner and have more space instead of the giant air box and plastic piping. I wouldn't mind a cold air intake either but I don't want it to sit low by the wheel well. I want the filter up top where you can see it. Even if someone knows a way to buy cheaper piping and I'm sure I can find a filter at advance auto but I just want something for the time being. If anyone has any suggestions or knows the link to where they got theirs that would be sick. I'm not looking to spend over like 40-50$ bucks. I've seen other civics with decent intakes that were like 20-30$ eBay ones but I cant find anything on eBay for 99 civic DX with d16 engine! Lemmie know what you think and if you got a couple links I can look at!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

jbwilliam

First off its not for "BLING". Its to clear up under my hood and get the big ass air box and plastic piping out of the way. Second you gave me a link for something I didn't ask for. That intake is exactly what I don't want But thanks for the help anyway. Anybody else?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you dont care then just go to autozone, get a spectra pipe, put it on, and done

jbwilliam

Still looking for an intake. Went to advanced auto and they didn't have any of the right piping to fit on my d16. The pipe needs to come up and make a direct angle out. Cant remember what degree the guy told me. But they told me they don't hold that type of piping. All they have were filters and premade intakes that didn't fit my car. Any other suggestions? I have a 1999 civic dx with a d16 in it.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off its not for "BLING". Its to clear up under my hood and get the big ass air box and plastic piping out of the way. Second you gave me a link for something I didn't ask for. That intake is exactly what I don't want But thanks for the help anyway. Anybody else?
umm, im pretty sure what he posted is what you said you were looking for... :what:

jbwilliam

no he posted cold air. not short ram. i want short ram cause I dont want the cold air sittin by the wheel well below.