99 civic engine splash guard

hondacivic1992

Hey CL, so I have a 99 civic and you know the plastic part underneath the engine, I'm not sure what it is called but I believe its called engine splash guard. Anyways so that part has been dragging and I zip tied it back on but I lowered the car so it is still dragging. So I was wondering if I take it off would it do anything or should I just get a new plastic engine splash guard and re-install it? Thanks guys

RonJ

Banned
You can do whatever you want, but the splash guard has an obvious important protective purpose for the intake, engine and it's electrical system.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can do whatever you want, but the splash guard has an obvious important protective purpose for the intake, engine and it's electrical system.
This. If you take it off you'll be amazed the difference it made. Your bay will get dirty faster, and, as Ron said, you will expose vital engine components and your entire electrical system to salt, corrosion, dust, water, etc. Go to a junkyard and find another, get all the hardware and bolt it up.