99 Civic EX's SRS Light... ETC.

DeechozinwuN

5+ Year Member
My SRS light has been on for a while now. It turned on after i fixed the bumper when the bumper got hit. Not sure if this SRS light can/should get manually turned off? if not manually, then where should i take it? And also when i'm on the freeway on 5th gear, im going around 65+ mph, the car seems to shake a little when i push the gas and stops when i release? Any Ideas?? THANK YOU:???:

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the shaking is probably clutch chatter from being in a low rpm in 5th, it probably goes away once you get higher in the rpm band, and the SRS light does not come on from removing the front bumper, i would first try and reset the light, there is a diy on here , search... hope that helps

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea do the DIY reset..its very easy. i did it on my brothers EX and it was simple...if you take it to the dealership to get reset i think its like $80 or some bullshit like that...

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well the shaking is probably clutch chatter from being in a low rpm in 5th, it probably goes away once you get higher in the rpm band
I'd have to disagree, it sounds like he just needs to get his wheels balanced.

As for the SRS light, it is warned that you should know what caused your light to be on before resetting it.

blk00civicdemon

5+ Year Member
the shakeing could also be your tires check the psi in em mine shook for a minute and one tire was off by like 4 psi and my car shook hard

DeechozinwuN

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys for the suggestion. Yeah i'm pretty sure that the SRS light was caused from a rear end accident. But should i take any precautions before looking at the DIY section and resetting the light?