99 civic hx hunting idle while at a stop

Bobpeezy

So I'm new to the civic game. Bought a civic hx for a beater car to save on gas. I've already fixed a few problems but i keep having an issue with rough and/or hunting idle while stopped at a light or stop sign. It idles fine while in park or neutral. I've already replaced the iacv, checked the coolant(was good), replaced the spark plugs( old ones were white, not sure of the age), replaced both o2 censors and manifold for an exhaust leak. After replacing manifold i had a check engine light. I disconnected the battery then reconnected it. I then let it idle for 45 min and took it for a ride. I had no issues at all with idling after that. But when i went for a ride a few hours later it was happening again. It seems to only be doing it with the engine cold. There's no white smoke from the exhaust. Any ideas?

Bobpeezy

Bone stock. Nothing done to it

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Bobpeezy

That I havnt checked yet to be honest

Bobpeezy

The only time there was a code was when I installed the manifold and new sensors. They're gone now

Bobpeezy

It was off as soon so honed the battery back up. And yes it stayed off

Bobpeezy

The bulb is still good. I pulled a sensor and started it. It came on

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should be seeing the CEL light up when you first start the car.

Try jumping the p2 service connector with a paperclip, which can be located by the ECU behind the passenger side kick panel. Jump it with the car off. Then turn the car on without starting the engine. Does the CEL start flashing?

Bobpeezy

Ok so after leaving work, turned the key, the cel came on for a few seconds then cane back on as soon as I turned the engine over. Went to get the coffee for the cel and it said issues with iacv. I replaced that already. So I going to go home and check for vacuum leaks, issues with the wiring to the iacv and clean the throttle body. Hopefully that works

Bobpeezy

s**t. The guy at auto zone didn't give me that info. He just told me iacv. Ill do that

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For around $25 you can get a good code reader that plugs into your ODB2 port and that you can connect to via your smartphone. I have one and it works great. You can live monitor sensors, takes logs while driving, see / clear codes, etc. I think I paid $15 for the device and the app was $10. Well worth it.

gored

You might want to check you air filter. I had my cel light on for a map sensor and replaced it and didnt go away. The air filter fixed it on mine.

Bobpeezy

Ill look intothat. It seems to be clean tho. I think I might have a vacuum leak around the intake manifold still