99 civic si help!

ViruSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm having an annoying sound come from my car when I shift gears. It sound like a whistling/squeal and is most noticable in like 1st and 2nd gear at lower rpms, but when im driving in any gear and step on the gas it makes a little churping sound. I called a honda service center and described the problem and he told me it's probably the clutch and it's still drivable just annoying. Anyone able to help me on this besides spending a s**t load of cash to get the clutch fixed? Or is it even the clutch? I have a aem cai, but i know for sure that is not whats causing it. Any input would be appreciated.

Projekt7Tuning

Registered
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whistle While you Work

It sounds like it might be either then Clutch, or the flywheel. I know when mine was gtoing out, it started to do that from the wear on the components, made it not engage properly. However I could tell on mine that it was going because when you floored it in like second gear it would lag. Otherwise, I also had a cold-Air Intake on a CRX, and it would whistle just because. It made a wierd supercharger whistling sound. It is hard to say when the car is not in front of me. Might wanna drive a friend around and get a second opinion.

1bad-eg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what you're describing, it sounds like it's your cai, which is normal.

g4hatchie

the slammed SOHC
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it may not be your whole clutch, but rather the throwout bearing. you can get them for ~30 bux at an auto parts store, or ~50 bux from Honda. replacing this part does include removal of the transmission....do you know how many miles are on your clutch?