99 ex power antenna

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im just wondering how this is operated? mine is like 1/4 of the way out from when i bought the car.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
didn't even know that existed

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think u can have a power antenna ... unless like u buy a power antenna and hook it up somehow?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just give it a pull to fully extend it. Civic's didn't come with power antennas in the US.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just give it a pull to fully extend it. Civic's didn't come with power antennas in the US.
i pulled that son of b***h as hard as i could...and it didnt extend or anything..how far are they suppose to extend. mine is out like 12 inches...i also tried pushing it down as hard as possible...didnt go that way either. thats why i figured it was a power antenna plus its alot thicker than the antenna on my old 4th gen hatch

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i pulled that son of b***h as hard as i could...and it didnt extend or anything..how far are they suppose to extend. mine is out like 12 inches...i also tried pushing it down as hard as possible...didnt go that way either. thats why i figured it was a power antenna plus its alot thicker than the antenna on my old 4th gen hatch
Sounds like it's busted. You may need to replace the entire assembly.

If I fully extend mine, it's like 2 feet long.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just take off those two screws and find out why its stuck, its pretty easy to get to

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I see your issue. The antenna is two parts. Just pull on that black nipple and the inner part of the antenna will pull right out. :thumbs up

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I see your issue. The antenna is two parts. Just pull on that black nipple and the inner part of the antenna will pull right out. :thumbs up
yup so i pulled on the black part and i got it to extend but the whole thing still wont go down..i undid the two screws and tried to figure out what was wrong but i got nowhere...i guess ill keep messin it :???: