99 ex slow project

ftrms

5+ Year Member
Meet Alice

so bought this car over priced but it only had 50k miles on it. first month of having it the tread off the front tires flew off and pulled the bumper under the car breaking the sideskirt, headlight, and a bunch of other stuff. i decided to go with the 96-98 sir front (personal choice). shes been through some hard times but negative, positive and suggestion comments welcomed...
when first bought.

after the accident (well what i call it) new front

It went through some different stages..

Heres a shot of how the interior was

My fiancee and daughter got hit in so i decided to do the work and then have it painted a bronze/brownish

The interior how it is now

how the egine is d16a

Going to keep the d and boost it a little down the road thanks for looking...

Last edited:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its come a long way, i like the color of the engine bay...:thumbup:

ftrms

5+ Year Member
thanks.. ya my girlfriend picked it out haha it actually kinda matches the bronze on the rims.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Long way from where you have started, long way to go. You have so many posabilitys to go with!

Start off with a paint matched front lip,
Paint match hood
Anything on the interior? I believe GSR seats fit perfect, correct me if i'm wrong.
Don't wire tuck, it's horrible for a daily car.
Paint valve cover white with black splashes? :what:

All i can think of.

ftrms

5+ Year Member
ya i need a front lip extremely bad thats next it looks so bare.
interior is black gsr front seats and si rear seats the interior was dyed black using SEM. i did a mild tuck but thats as much as i want for a daily. i was actually thinking of painting the valve cover to match the car but wasnt sure and im doing the hood tomorrow.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i need a front lip extremely bad thats next it looks so bare.
interior is black gsr front seats and si rear seats the interior was dyed black using SEM. i did a mild tuck but thats as much as i want for a daily. i was actually thinking of painting the valve cover to match the car but wasnt sure and im doing the hood tomorrow.
Nice! Get some interior shots sometime soon. Looking forward to pictures of painted hood, might as well do your valve cover while your at it :lol: Good luck!

ftrms

5+ Year Member
ya ill take some tomorrow when im out there its in need of some cleaining too have food crumbs everywhere from my daughter (almost 2)

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya ill take some tomorrow when im out there its in need of some cleaining too have food crumbs everywhere from my daughter (almost 2)
You apparently haven't seen/heard about mine.

Trunk is full of grass from lawnmower.
Below ebrake has pop-tart crumbs everywhere. I eat one every morning before school there. :lol:
Floor mats have gravel all over them, and some cucumber seeds.
Back seat is clean as possible. :lol:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good, an SiR is needed.

ftrms

5+ Year Member
thats the lip i want to get for it. what do you guys think either a sir lip and paint the sideskirts black or type r front and rear lip painted to match the car. on a side note i painted the cf hood yesterday ill take some pics tomorrow, i think it looks way better less noticeable more clean.

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You apparently haven't seen/heard about mine.

Trunk is full of grass from lawnmower.
Below ebrake has pop-tart crumbs everywhere. I eat one every morning before school there. :lol:
Floor mats have gravel all over them, and some cucumber seeds.
Back seat is clean as possible. :lol:
Sounds like that back seat gets used.... :nod:

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Came out nice. I have this I'm sort of working on, it's my first car, so I wanted it lookin' fresh
From this

To this

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like it a lot... Not digging the Hood pins but otherwise nice! ... Now that LIP lol You gonna get an SIR lip?

Can I ask about the gauge DIY? What did you do?

insidiousperfor

5+ Year Member
Nice work spyro. Who makes those wheels? Cause I have the same ones but I know many different companies make them.