99 Si CAI

theSikid

5+ Year Member
Im getting an Si in a few weeks n would like to put a cold air intake on it. I just want to know witch brands are best performance wise. Ive been looking at AEM but just don't know wat brands are best.

civic94lx

Banned
AEM is the best for me! Been using it for 1 and a half year already.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you expect with this CAI?

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was going to refer you to "Tuner Performance Magazine", however apparently there site no longer exists. They did do a test with a 00 Si with both sri and cai. It was pretty comprehensive as far as what's out there. If you really want to go off of dyno graphs etc... I would suggest looking to see if someone has the comparison somewhere on the web.

I'm sure there will be some that will come on and say it's a waste of time etc... which is not all entirely true, however not all entirely wrong. Most intakes will reduce back pressure, however most gains are minimal and give maybe a max of 5-7 whp difference. Try this on a new Si and it'll do more and is noticeably more when driving. I say, do what you want, just really depends if you're going for looks, all out performance, low end, top end etc...

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whale penis, aem, zero1000, mishimoto......all have different looks, but theyre all good intakes

Oneder Elite

5+ Year Member
password jdm carbon fiber intake bro it sounds beastly i belive its what there reffering to when they say whale penis i have one on my 2000 si noticed a nice improvemnet