Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6 gen si = 160hp
7thgen si = 160 hp
8th gen si = 190 something?
9th gen si = 200hp-215hp?

Gentlemen, let's just keep our expectations low. Keeping our expectations low will cause our hearts less breakage too.
I suppose we can do some foreshadowing based on economic status/demand also.

Honda,

Bring us the CIvic-R

HEY! I'm allowed to make wishes!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesn't look much different but if the article is true about Honda up'ing the base engine from 1.8 to 2.0, maybe we'll see a 2.4 or higher Si model.
In 99-00 the EX and Si both came with a 1.6, I'd be surprised if they went with a larger motor.

I have seen better pictures at work. It looks completely different. Styling looks a lot like 2011 accord coupe styling. And just to clarify it is not the 9th generation, it is the mid model update of the 8th generation.
No it is the 9th generation, the mid-model update happened in 2009. My dads company has been working on parts for this car for the last year or so, it is not the same as the 06-11.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6 gen si = 160hp
7thgen si = 160 hp

Gentlemen, let's just keep our expectations low. Keeping our expectations low will cause our hearts less breakage too.

Honda,

Bring us the CIvic-R

and i want a unicorn dancing on a rainbow, so what?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
6 gen si = 160hp
7thgen si = 160 hp

Honda,

Bring us the CIvic-R

They dont even need to bring a Civic-R. Cuz then all Honda fagts will start bitching how it sucks. Just bring out a f**king Si-R with the same engine, just stiffer suspension, less weight, less luxurious, LSD, sweet wheels, and racing seats.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They dont even need to bring a Civic-R. Cuz then all Honda fagts will start bitching how it sucks. Just bring out a f**king Si-R with the same engine, just stiffer suspension, less weight, less luxurious, LSD, sweet wheels, and racing seats.
fo-sho

and i want a unicorn dancing on a rainbow, so what?
Is that what you want huh? a unicron, word!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually wouldn't like it if they came out with an AWD or turbo Civic. To me the Civic is and should be a FWD NA car. If they want to make and AWD or turbo car, awesome, make a new model.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The one thing i hated the most about the 8th gen civics are the steering wheel. I hate them so much. It looks like the civic platform is sticking with having the speedometer separate from the tach. The cluster from the CR-Z was designed pretty well.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought I bitched about a lot of things. You guys are being so picky as to how Honda should (or rather should have since we don't know the specs yet) design the new Civic.

A lot of you guys are forgetting that Honda is about making econobox's. I highly doubt they're going to stray from their amazing reputation and throw out a wicked boosted Civic. If anything, they're going to stick to their usual routine and probably throw out another 2.0 or hopefully at the very least a 2.2-2.4 with some additional creativity here and there.

And they DID make a 240hp from a 2.0 N/A: S2000. The engineering behind that car was AMAZING at the time of it's release. I'm not surprised that they finally discontinued it. But I am terribly sad since that's my dream car. I hope there are still mint ones around when I can finally afford one.

I actually wouldn't like it if they came out with an AWD or turbo Civic. To me the Civic is and should be a FWD NA car. If they want to make and AWD or turbo car, awesome, make a new model.
Why not? They had an AWD civic out at one point.

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A lot of you guys are forgetting that Honda is about making econobox's. I highly doubt they're going to stray from their amazing reputation and throw out a wicked boosted Civic.
Actually, if you do factory tubo right, they can be amazingly fuel efficient... hence the reason why so many other manufacturers are coming out with turbo-charged cars from the factory floor (ie. Chevy Cruze, Mustang V6, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, ect.)