A/C help

black_ej_8

when I turn on my ac my car shakes to much then my ac compressor works blows cold are and then it will make a really loud sound the belts and then the ac compressor will lock up . any help . thanks :cry:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when I turn on my ac my car shakes to much then my ac compressor works blows cold are and then it will make a really loud sound the belts and then the ac compressor will lock up . any help . thanks :cry:
Mine is starting to do the whole shaking deal. I hate it lol.

It sounds like your AC compressor might be on it's last leg. I never really mess with A/C (usually rip it out to boost :P), but it's a relatively simple system. Make sure the belt isn't too lose, or too tight. Adjust your timing/cam to factory specs, adjust belt to factory specs, maybe spray a SMALL amount of WD-40 into the pulley on your AC compressor, then wipe it clean, and see if that helps. It's likely about to seize, though. Oh, also, check your freyon level.

egibbs1

5+ Year Member
Also check and make sure you have the proper amount of refigerant oil in the ac compressor... sounds like it just needs to be replaced at this point.