A/C not blowing cold; so hot in Texas!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay so just like the title says, my A/C is blowing out cool, but not cold. A while ago I removed the condensor and well... Pretty much everything from the bay. I reinstalled everything and took it to one of my friends shop to refill the freon back into the system. Everything was cool for the first few days, but now it seems as if the A/C took a crap and started getting warmer...

I assumed there was freon leaking out somewhere, but no physical/visual signs where it was leaking. Does anyone else know of something that may cause this? It's been hot in Texas lately and it's suppose to get cooler, but s**t, right now it's f**king hot and I need this mother f**king A/C!

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
try moving your knob to the blue area :smackself:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOL! I remember about the "knobs" in the CC chat a while back. Anyways, I've already tried that, the climate control is on blue; it still blows hot! Ugh!

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like you need to get your system ac charged at a local shop, but even wal-mart sells it now.
It'll get you through two month's or three, but not permanent, I've found through experience myself.
Good luck ahole ;)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep... if you don't know how to do it yourself.. just head to your local shop and tell them to "recharge your AC."

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
make sure the cool and hot knob is actually working, i remember this happend to my dad.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So when you guys say "recharge the a/c," are yall talking about refilling freon? Or is there a different procedure, because I've already been to a shop to refill the freon.

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
trying hitting it. with a hammer. plus texas weather is starting to cool down alot. :D

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here you go bro.
Called R134a, or something else they might have at the stores, but I remember it costing like 25 bucks.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^I've tried that before, it doesn't work... Ugh, Texas weather sucks... True, it's starting to cool down some, but there are random days that it'll be 100 degrees out!

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well first off you need to have the a/c system vacuumed to remove any air in the system. Air in the system will not allow the refrigerant (aka Freon or R134a) to absorb the heat efficiently.After that charge the system with the right amount of refrigerant. Overfilling it will not make it cool more. and also put UV dye in the system in case it leaks out again it will make it easier to find the leak

Good luck