A few lighting wiring questions

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 2 wiring questions in things I have been trying to do recently.

1. I pulled a factory fog light harness used a factory switch and bought a set of ebay yellow fogs. I wired it up the factory way and as i found out, and then read after wards, the only work with the headlights on and not with the high beams or just running lights. Is there any way to modify it so they can work with high beams and just corners?

2. I picked up a trunk light from a dc teg that has the on/off switch on it and would like to use in my trunk because its a 94 dx and didn't come with a factory trunk light. Is there any constant hot wires in close proximity so i don't have to run a long wire that will work for the power?

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can you give me a detailed run down of how hey are wired up like what plugs and wires are were?? what you used for power ect, ect.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
because the way that yours are working is how i want to wire mine up once i purchase them again, I would like to wire them in, in the factory manor.

but to answer your cuestion the only thing i knw to do right off hand would be to make the entire thing isolated as far as switch. (so that its not tied into the headlights / or andthing else, if you want it to come on with the parking lights, just mak it to wear the power for the switch come through the parking light circuit..

(btw did you buy the OEM harness, or did you get it from a junk yard.)

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is the oem harness has product of japan on it and all, they were connected to stanley clear fogs on a sedan, and the oem switch, so, minus for the ebay oem style yellow fogs its an oem setup to the t