A little DIY never hurt N E 1...! *56K, play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun*

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brookliner7 said:
awesome job do! DIY kicks ass!
How long did it take you to sand down the VC smooth? I saw the how to said to use 600 grit, sounds like it would take awhile!
The Aircraft Stripper cleans the VC completely clean!!! All I sanded down was the little remaining paint on the corners... Leave the Aircraft Stripper on for like 20 mins., it'll get like the second pic of the Black VC... all flaky... just wipe off the paint, and that's it! May take 2-3 times to COMPLETELY strip it... but very easy...

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EluSive2K said:
how long did it take to cure???
After I got my 3 good coats, I left it overnight in the oven @ 200 degrees... The next morning, it was super dry!!!

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks pretty darn good if I dont say so myself.. I like..

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took some shots of the new Mugen Style Lip and CF Mirrors! I painted the lip myself, with Primer and Gloss Black paint, followed by Clear, and the mirrors look great with the newly painted headlights and lip! I like it, and will keep it this way for a while. I'm gonna be selling the ITR Valvetrain, Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, and Battery Voltage Gauges soon, so be on the lookout if you're interested. I'll probably ask for around $400.00 shipped for the Valvetrain, since I didn't install it and the previous owner only had it on for 8,000 miles. 1999 Spec, with Dual Valvesprings and Retainers... N E Way, here's the pics! Now I gotta be X-Tra slow on the bumps and curbs!!!

Thanks for looking...!
:thumbs up

Last edited:

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG dood,
I can't beleive you painted the lip yourself! It looks sSOOOOOOOOooooooo glossy! I like it!
Those volks are seeyick!
Simply clean, the mad drop makes the car! do you roll with it that low, or just for the pics?
Mine rubs with 17's, so i can't roll with a drop as crazy as you, but, still pretty low.
( see my sig! =) )
I'd say if you got an OEM rear lip, it would be super sick, then call it a day for a few years!

ps, where's a good place to get the aircraft stripper?

Last edited:

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brookliner7 said:
OMG dood,
I can't beleive you painted the lip yourself! It looks sSOOOOOOOOooooooo glossy! I like it!
Those volks are seeyick!
Simply clean, the mad drop makes the car!
I'd say if you got an OEM rear lip, it would be super sick, then call it a day for a few years!

ps, where's a good place to get the aircraft stripper?
I picked it up @ Schuck's... I think N E Auto Store will have it... Just be EXTREMELY carefull with it. It's supremely toxic, so try not to get it near pets, kids, or your skin... My fingers were burning because I had it on my hands... and the smell is pretty bad too! Just do it outside, on concrete, and with safety in mind!
Thanks for the comments... I want to get a rear lip, and paint that EBP... I' might get an OEM Lip and paint it EBP too,... for when the stockers go on during winter!!!

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude so f**kin nice man espcially your ligths i wna do it to mine but im scared of messing up madd props dude seriously

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nicely done man...i too painted my headlights gunmetal...but i think should sprayed some coats of clear to make them look almost like ctr's...

hollywood217

Say it with me....GON-JA!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
two words.........................f**king BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mmmmmmmmm..... Very nice..... I dont like the front half bra, but thats just me.... But otherwise that is everything I want my car to be..... NICE!!!!

blustreek99

Registered Loser...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TheVTECPush said:
Mmmmmmmmm..... Very nice..... I dont like the front half bra, but thats just me.... But otherwise that is everything I want my car to be..... NICE!!!!
Hey... Thanks for all the replies...! I decided to try to install the cams this weekend... just the cams! The timing belt, too... just because... I will try to take as many pics as I can so I can post a How-To... I'll keep ya'll posted. I only used 2 light coats of Clear on the lights... just to seal the paint well... Really, guys...just take your time, and it's easy. I only put the bra on to drive the 50 miles to work through "Rock Chip Central"!!! At least the hood won't get dinged up... somewhat. I like the look... especially with the new Lip and Mirrors!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice job love the pix can i have ur car?

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
still in awe of the paint on the lip and the sick drop with those volk! =)

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood, I just got a JDM vc to start my DIY on it! I'm really excited, I hope mine will come out as good as yours, but, anyhow, seeing yours really inspired me since Iove DIY projects and I can't afford anoteher $130 vc!
Yours came out SOOOOOOO awesome!
A lot of it is scattered throughout the thread, can you post a link for the step DIY or maybe pm with a quick run down?

her she is! got her for $12.30!