A little help

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm looking at buying a 99-00 Civic SiR 5spd, for a real good deal, and I went and recently looked at. From what I know it needs a starter, rotors all around and pads of course.

What my question is, is there any way I can start this civic without a starter thats working? Someone told me we could boost it and as long as it didn't stall it would work fine?

It's inspected until the end of the month, so if I can do this and it wont hurt the car it will save me a towing fee???

Thanks.

lscivic48

pop start her. get a good roll going with the clutch down and pop the clutch. or start off on a hill facing downwards. i drove my other civic for two months without a starter even in her

RonJ

Banned
Don't buy a car that won't run or drive -- red flag. You'll end up regretting it.

If you can't jump or push start the engine, then something else is wrong with it.

Also create thread titles that say something about the car problem you are having.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U can jump the starter with jumper cables but if u don't know what ur dxoing u can do more harm than good to urself and the car.

Bump start it, and go from there!

If the car runs, take it to ur mechanic and have them look it over!

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this if your not very mechanically inclined i would get someone to look this thing over.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry about the title of the thread ill keep that in mind for the next time i post..

this siR is from a good friend that wants to sell it to me before the public because he knows I would cherish it.. it has been sitting since december with new tires on it. very excited about this, and found a starter for 200 bucks. rotors and pads isnt much at all, and it doesnt have insurance on it right now, so im planning on getting it towed..

thanks for the help though

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he said the starter needs to be replaced, im not sure if a car will start with a boost and a bad starter or not?

1991dxhatch

U can jump the starter with jumper cables but if u don't know what ur dxoing u can do more harm than good to urself and the car.

Bump start it, and go from there!

If the car runs, take it to ur mechanic and have them look it over!
dude , your avatar, whats is that chick sucking ?!? lol!