a question about reporting posts

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey mod staff, what is the proper protocol when there is a post posted in the wrong section, i personally report them, but i feel like its the wrong thing, when i hit the report button, the sentence under the dialogue box says only for spam, harassment, and advertising, sooooo what is the proper way to bring it to your attention its in the wrong section?

RonJ

Banned
I may be able to get you a faster answer by reporting your post.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I believe there is a box to type in a message. You can just type in "wrong section" or whatever you feel describes it best.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks jay =) i normally type the message with something witty but am never sure if im doing it right lol. thanks for the reply

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
recently i learned that my wittiness fails me more often than it hit its target :( .... however, someone has been using the "report" button to great success for my apparently witless posts lol!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I report my own posts because the poster is gay.

On a serious note, I mainly report threads that are advertisements from spammers. I wish you could track the threads you report.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know this is kind of old... but we get an e-mail when you report threads and I always read the message you guys type so I know exactly what the problem is. The threads are usually taken care of pretty quick.. either I get to them or somebody else does (most of us check our e-mail fairly often). Reporting posts definitely works to help keep the site clean and in order.