ABS Mugen replica lip.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey i was just wondering if anyone has one or bought one through CC and has pictures of how well they fit. i love the idea of buying a plastic one rather then carbon or other, especially sense they are actually affordable.

so if ya'll don't mind, if you have a Mugen, lip that is a replica or plastic, let see the pics of it.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do have a rep Mugen lip, but wasn't bought off of ClubCivic..

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah it doesnt HAVE to be a CC bought one i just figured if anyone has bought one off here for the EG id like to see how well it fits

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty sure fitment is going to vary..people say the fitment of lips from ebay is bad but i've bought lips off ebay in the past and the fitment was great

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i recommend urethane, not abs. will last a lot longer for you

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 abs tends to crack if hit hard enough, urethane is best since its flexible and dont crack.
downside to urethane is that it has worst fitment than abs..abs wont change its shape like urethane. urethane lips tend to hug the bumper too tight exposing the tires when looking head on

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm i didnt have that problem. mine fit pretty well. ive found that abs fit worse it seems

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ABS blows. Urethane is where it's at. But it sucks if it gets bent in shipping, but atleast it's flexible and will move to where you want it to (for the most part).

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i recommend urethane, not abs. will last a lot longer for you
+1 abs tends to crack if hit hard enough, urethane is best since its flexible and dont crack.
downside to urethane is that it has worst fitment than abs..abs wont change its shape like urethane. urethane lips tend to hug the bumper too tight exposing the tires when looking head on
ABS blows. Urethane is where it's at. But it sucks if it gets bent in shipping, but atleast it's flexible and will move to where you want it to (for the most part).
All this.

I bought a urethane mugen off eBay. It was a TOUCH too short and one end doesn't slide fully over onto the end of the bumper. But not enough that it would bother me enough to make it fit better.

This is how I got my lip: (About 15 minutes later with a hair dryer and it was straight and I had the kinks worked out).

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ I would be livid if my lip came like that. Mine was a liiiiitle bent but definitely not that bad.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I've seen some come off eBay folded in half. The ad actually says just to leave it in a warm garage or use a hair dryer/heat gun.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ABS will crack and polyurethane can take more beating.
ABS has better fitment and PU will look wavy and sag sometimes.

I've had both. I would choose ABS. Just gotta be more careful.

Pics of some ABS

When I had ABS

When I had some other type. It's not abs or PU. The guy told me this was some hard plastic that can take more beating and not bend. Fitment was good

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm pretty good about not hitting anything so that's why I'm okay with ABS, but polyurthene will stretch a little to help out if fitment isn't quit spot on. I'll try ABS an see what happens lol.

Anyone got pics of the Mugen style lip on the EG?

Johns: what springs are you running with your illumina's?

Last edited:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ I would be livid if my lip came like that. Mine was a liiiiitle bent but definitely not that bad.
I was in shock when I opened the box. I was like, "uhhh what the hell is this????". Then I did some digging and ended up with a hair dryer in my hand and I was happy after I straightened it out.

ABS will crack and polyurethane can take more beating.
ABS has better fitment and PU will look wavy and sag sometimes.

I've had both. I would choose ABS. Just gotta be more careful.
My PU has never looked wavy. With a heat gun or hair dryer, you have to get it pretty warm and use a good amount of force to work creases out.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All this.

I bought a urethane mugen off eBay. It was a TOUCH too short and one end doesn't slide fully over onto the end of the bumper. But not enough that it would bother me enough to make it fit better.

This is how I got my lip: (About 15 minutes later with a hair dryer and it was straight and I had the kinks worked out).

What springs are th running with the Illumina's?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Eibach Sportlines. For a daily, it's okay. But for the handling I want, it sucks a lot haha. Ideally, if I could afford it, I'd like to upgrade to koni/gc's and go with a 500F/600R spring rate setup. Possibly a little higher.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eibach Sportlines. For a daily, it's okay. But for the handling I want, it sucks a lot haha. Ideally, if I could afford it, I'd like to upgrade to koni/gc's and go with a 500F/600R spring rate setup. Possibly a little higher.
Yeah but you can't lower it much with the KONIs cause it exceeds the shocks drop limit. Thats what kept me from getting those.

I drive like everythings a road course so I want something stiff but I still want a little give because roads around here are almost rally spec with their poor patch jobs and plenty of loose sand and pea gravel.