AC doesnt work on 1 or 2, only on 3 and 4

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Any ideas of why it wouldnt make a noise or blow until pushed to 3 or 4?
I am freezing to death in Florida its blowing so cold.
Can't turn it off from 3 otherwise I will sweat in just a few seconds, but if I leave it on, I freeze.

Hsicivic90

beware of the ED's
5+ Year Member
there should be two resisters for 1 and 2 settings and there probably burnt out

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
i also have that problem! where are the resistors located and how do i know what to replace them with?

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Yes where are these resisitors located?

FLAteam, where in Florida you at?

Hsicivic90

beware of the ED's
5+ Year Member
usually the resistors are located at the bottom back side of the blower motor that is in the dashboard

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
aw darn, sounds like a little too much work. i guess "blow" and "blow harder" settings aren't so bad.

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Went to Autozone last night, the guy said to just replace the switch that controls it. He claims he is the honda guy. Doesnt look complicated to replace it.

sloshy

5+ Year Member
Went to Autozone last night, the guy said to just replace the switch that controls it. He claims he is the honda guy. Doesnt look complicated to replace it.
no dude dont make that mistake i switch mine with my sisters working one just to see if that was the problem, and it didn't work.. but you know every car is different, I did some research on the helms manual and it told me how to diagnose and how to fix it but i still havent gotten around to doing it..

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
no dude dont make that mistake i switch mine with my sisters working one just to see if that was the problem, and it didn't work.. but you know every car is different, I did some research on the helms manual and it told me how to diagnose and how to fix it but i still havent gotten around to doing it..

Can you tell us where it is and what we have to fix then so me and FLA do not have to buy a manual, since we both have the same problem?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I heard that you had to clean the contacts of the switch...which i tried but it didn't work. Just so you know, this problem happens a lot with the 6th gens.

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
haha, not a bad idea...but does it take less gas to run the ac at a higher temp?

Hsicivic90

beware of the ED's
5+ Year Member
haha, not a bad idea...but does it take less gas to run the ac at a higher temp?
well really i would think not... the belt off the crank pulley to the pump is turning either way so the temp isnt going to save you gas and even if it did it wouldnt be anything you would notice

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
I have tried a different temp and it still gets too cold or it makes my hands start to sweat.
And the mythbusters did a busted theory, AC does not use any more gas then running with the windows open.
If honda knows there are so many people with same problems, then why dont they do a recall or at least fix the items that have problems?