AC Issue.....

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive never had an AC issue, but starting this summer........

I noticed that when the AC is on, there is no cold air coming out.
I know that it has been a HOT summer here in NJ, but i do not think that this is just to blame it on that.
What is it that I should check?
What is it that causes the air that comes through the AC to be cold?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Time to get it serviced. There's not really much you can do, you can try the refill can method but it doesn't work very well. I tried that this summer, it said it was full but it wasn't at all.

Take it to a service guy, they see how much coolant is in there, pressure test the system to see if it leaks and then refill it to the correct amount. I was fighting with mine for a couple months, finally I just took it to a guy I know with a shop, and $120 later it was blowing ice cold again =)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i havent had AC in almost a year since i went boosted... and i live in a slightly more temperate region than jersey. take it to a shop and have it charged and checked for leaks and be greatful for what youve got :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I would say you're better off having someone look at it for you. This thread reminds me I should do that too. My s**t is semi-cold but starts to get a little on the cooler side (cooler as in if I hit off the A/C and just used normal cold air) if I keep it blasting for a while.