AC Leak, Need Help

cnels626

Last year my AC died out in late August (2016). I decided to not worry about the problem until summer 2017 as I didn't think I'd be needing my AC again before then. Today I went to the store got a can of AC Pro and measured the pressure from my Low Pressure valve and received a 0 feedback. My Civic is a 2010 and I thought I may have had a slow leak that has just been there for a long time (figured leaving it through the winter probably didn't help). I was able to put the whole can into the system and had cool air blowing from the vents.

5 minutes later a notice a haze/barely visible white smoke coming from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and was hit with a sweet smell I'm assuming was the ACPro I had just put into the system. Any aid in diagnosing where this problem might be would be great. I'm thinking the leak is very severe if it emptied the system so quickly.

*NOTE: leak appeared to be coming from down low in the compartment.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would need to pull a vacuum on the system and find the leak. most commonly would be the condenser as it is in the front and everything hits it first before the radiator. a small stone is enough to take it out.

but. you need to start with a vacuum. if it wont hold vacuum... which it probably wont. then you would need to pressurize the system with nitrogen and find the leak with a bottle of soapy water (more soap than water).

that is the perferred method. otherwise. get another can of AC/pro and try and find it by looking around.