Accord turn signal failure?

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been scratching my head for a while trying to figure something out. Searched the forum, found nothing, figured I'd ask.

My mother gave me a 92 Accord EX that she had no use for anymore (score!) and all I have to do in exchange is make it pass inspection and drive it away. Aside from the obvious need for a new muffler the only issue is the turn signals don't work at all. You click the stick left or right and nothing happens. No clicking sound. No flashing. No nothing. All the bulbs are good; they all turn on when the hazard switch is turned on and when that's on they all click at the normal pace.

Suggestions?

Scott Gardner

Before you buy anything find that relay under the dash or under the hood and turn the hazard button on. With the hazards on touch the relay and see if you feel it clicking. If it clicks proceed to the steering column to check the switch. If you cannot feel it clicking its a good possibility you need to replace it.

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I found the relay and I feel and hear it click when the hazards are on but it doesn't do anything when I turn the turn signals on, left or right.

Scott Gardner

ok i would say it isnt the relay then. i presume its somewhere in the steering column. try playing around with the hazard button while simultaneously turning the turn signals on. Ive seen hazard switches go bad and affect the turn signals. It could simply be the switch is bad also at the column. if you can wiggle or hold the hazard switch halfway down and the turn signals work i would say its a bad hazard switch. if not its most likely the turn signal switch is bad in the steering column.

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Replaced all the bulbs.

Replaced the flasher relay

Replaced the goddamn signal switch on the column.

IT'S STILL NOT WORKING! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you can wiggle or hold the hazard switch halfway down and the turn signals work i would say its a bad hazard switch. if not its most likely the turn signal switch is bad in the steering column.
This is it! Thanks so much, man! I was literally at my wits end with this problem. Now I just gotta pick up a replacement switch and hopefully all will be good.

Scott Gardner

Yah that should do it. the Turn signals run through the hazard switch so if it is bad it will not complete the circuit. Good luck