Accord Type-R Euro-R H22A swap into a EK4

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
Hey guys,
Has anyone done or has any info on this swap:
-98-02 CL1 CF4 Accord Type-R Euro-R H22A engine into a
-Si hatchback B16A2 96-00

Honda hookup has a guy that is selling a H22A swap manual for 92-95 civics.
He says you have to look for the right engine year..
But i got to buy the guide so i can see if this engine is the right one..

I can get this complete swap for a good deal,, but i need to know first if it is possible..
i know guys has done the prelude h23 swap into his EK4 coupe..

Some people say on other sites that the axel angel will not be right, ect ect,,

I know anything is possible,, but it will be handy to know first if i can swap it into my hatch befor
i spend the cash..

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes. You need motor mounts, axles, ecu, wiring harness, shift linkage, and the tranny.

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
you will also need axles and transmission mounts (unless you use a HtoB conversion plate).

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
i will be getting the complete swap, the axels and tranny with ECU, with the linkcage
the whole package,,
i want to do the swap the right way,,
So no cutting the chassis, or welding,, so i would the hasport motormounts

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
i have seen guys do the swap, and add on the tranny mounts, buy doing a home made welding,,
it look shitty, most probably they weren't that experience,, but i will be doin the swap myself.
i got pretty much a whole garage setup..

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
i have seen guys do the swap, and add on the tranny mounts, buy doing a home made welding,,
it look shitty, most probably they weren't that experience,, but i will be doin the swap myself.
i got pretty much a whole garage setup..
as long as the angle of the transmission is correct and doesnt bind. go for it.

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
hmm ok,, so you think that the blok will swap in like any other prelude engine into a EK

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn bro, you get a shipment of parts or what? Keep us posted. Why not start a build thread?:headbang:

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
yo man thanks for the link,, this would be helpfull..
So i think i might do it,, unbeleiveable..
i wanted the type R civic,, B16B LSD swap,, you know plug and play for
SI hatchback, so everything my car would be all civic..
but that swap would cost me 1000USD more than the type R EURO R H22A,,
so thats why i was wounder about the H22A swap

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that CTR b16 will not only cost you more, but it'll be a lot slower too. b16's are garbage.

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
No shippment, the guy have this swap for awhile, but since the crisis,, he couldn't sell it i guess..

If i decide to do the swap i will post the build thread..

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
yea i know it is alot slower, but i can go to the RDW ( DMV in the U.S.) and they will just change
the registration paper of the car.. and it will only cost 50 euro.. for all civic up to 98.. thats why
but if you go outside the civic model you got to do the whole test, and that is 600-800 EUROs..

I got the original B16A2 so the swap to the H22A according to the right up looks pretty do-able..

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
i have read that the LSD tranny, will not fit in the Hatchback,, unless you cut a part of the chassis,,
is this correct..
and that you will have to use a tranny from F20,,, that will fit properlly,, with no chassy mods,

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No matter which way you go about it, to H swap a 96-00 civic you'll have to hammer/cut the passenger side frame rail to get the tranny to clear. It's only on the lower half of the passenger side frame rail and it's really nothing excessive. Maybe 2" at most

I would not recommend an F20 tranny as the gears are incredibly long. If you're going to get rid of the euro r tranny (even though, i believe there are no additional mods you'll need to do over just a stock h22 tranny) id suggest M2F4 (92-96 prelude with h22), M2A4 (JDM h22, open diff) or M2B4 (JDM h22 lsd)

Krossfya

5+ Year Member
hmm with the stock H22 tranny i won't have to do no mods??
i didn't understand that part..
will i have to do no mods with the M2B4 (JDM h22 lsd) tranny..??