Adding bass to stock stereo

bofthe951

Hey guys so me and my fiancé bought a 2010 civic last month and while I was going through my garage I found my 12" kicker comP cvr and kenwood amp. I want to put this setup in our car and I've done quite a few stereo systems but the stock cd player is integrated way into the dash and I really don't want to mess with it too much because it does all we need except bump. Ive done my research and there are no aux plugs so I wanted to see if it was possible to hook up an amp to stock stereo. Thanks guys

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are rca outputs out there that u can connect to a stock radio. Check radioshack or any other electronics store.

Its a little box that attaches to your radio...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Darth_Civic

a quick fix is to splice the rear speaker wires and connect the sub to that. if you use both even better but one will work.

DMaldonado93

yeah u can buy an rca line converter and splice it to the rear speaker then just make sure your amp has a low-pass filter and u can add it pretty easily

civickid94

That amp probably has line inputs and an LPF and if it doesn't just install and lpf in the speaker wires before you plug it in. Splice the wires from the rear deck and hook them up to the amp.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for that sub, connect the amp with a line out rca converter.. could get one for like 20 bucks.. all you gatta do is splice the rear speaker wires to it, get your rcas and connect to amp then connect your subs to amp and your good

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
for that sub, connect the amp with a line out rca converter.. could get one for like 20 bucks..
i'm taking an online class on car audio, and this is the correct way to connect an aftermarket sound system to a stock head unit.
the formal name of the device is a LOC (Line out Converter)