Adding cruise control to a CX

ho bag

5+ Year Member
Just wondering if anyone has added cruise to a non cruise car.

I know ill need alot of parts but im curious about the wiring aspect of it. Can the cruise portion be removed from the harness and added or am i going to be doing alot of cutting and splicing.

legendking

Resident Cynic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm also curious about this? Anyone?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wondering if anyone has added cruise to a non cruise car.

I know ill need alot of parts but im curious about the wiring aspect of it. Can the cruise portion be removed from the harness and added or am i going to be doing alot of cutting and splicing.
well, in the 92-95 models, the cruise is connected to the SRS. im going to say it will be hard to get it wired to there, but im sure you could trick it some how....

i say look for aftermarket cruise control systems, and find instructions for them. that will give you a guideline .

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll need to wire in the switch obviously, all the wiring, relay (if there is one), etc. Then you'll need an intake manifold with the cruise control vacuum nipple. Then you'll need the charcoal canister, the cruise control unit itself, the metal cable to connect to the end of the gas pedal, controls for the steering wheel, then you gotta wire all that in and figure out how it works.

Good luck with that.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
trying to put a whole cruise control system in your car sounds like a pain in the ass... i wouldnt even bother if i were you.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
trying to put a whole cruise control system in your car sounds like a pain in the ass... i wouldnt even bother if i were you.
its really simple if you have all the parts. i cant think of the names for the parts but if you have the wierd part that sits on the driver side, in the engine bay, the connections, switch for the cruise, and throtlle cable, thats pretty much it. ive installed a cruise control in like 20min