adjust coilovers? how

jerseyhonda

ya i figured that out 1SIK, basically it started with me having no clue wth i was doing. but i got it.
I'm actually very happy with the drop and ride the coilover sleeves gave me. so this thread is closed =)

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
i need some coilovers but im on a TIGHT budget as well :( how about getting lowering springs for now until the money flows back in ??

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i need some coilovers but im on a TIGHT budget as well :( how about getting lowering springs for now until the money flows back in ??
That's kind of counter intuitive.. You'll spend MORE money if you buy lowering springs, then later on buy coilovers.. You're buying 2 suspension setups instead of being patient and buying one.

No dont do that just save up for some F&F type 1's its the best thing I ever did
:roll:

Progress CS-II Coilovers are not only cheaper than the Function & Form, they are better and come with a warranty. They are the best and cheapest coilovers you can buy.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's kind of counter intuitive.. You'll spend MORE money if you buy lowering springs, then later on buy coilovers.. You're buying 2 suspension setups instead of being patient and buying one.
:word:

Progress CS-II Coilovers are not only cheaper than the Function & Form, they are better and come with a warranty. They are the best and cheapest coilovers you can buy.
Often on CC I see a lot of sales in which F&F Coils are cheaper. And the warranty for CS-II coils are only offered on the Street set. So if you were planning on doing some track and heavier spirited driving and getting the Sport set, then the warranty is not included.

civic49

Progress cs2s were the best desicion i ever made....save up and wait..its hard but in the long run tottally worth it

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Often on CC I see a lot of sales in which F&F Coils are cheaper. And the warranty for CS-II coils are only offered on the Street set. So if you were planning on doing some track and heavier spirited driving and getting the Sport set, then the warranty is not included.
Cheaper than $560 shipped? Even if they were $400 I still wouldn't buy them..

I'd say maybe about <5% of the people on this forum would ever do a track event or NEED stiffer springs and/or biased spring rates to the rear. Even less would benefit from it. I'd never suggest a novice to run the spring rates that Progress lists as their "Road Race/Autocross" setup, esp if the car is driven on the street. So what I'm saying is, the spring rates that Progress offers for their "street" setup is more than enough to have a fun car that even has the potential to do well on a road course or at an autox event.

Which BTW, I'd never run Function & Form coilovers for any sort of motorsports competition. There's a reason that in my 6 years of autoxing and being around tracks/drivers that I've never seen Function & Form used. The serious competitors(IE: National Champs) sure as hell don't use their products. Yet I've seen and heard Progress time and time again.

Just saying.. Buy what you want.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cheaper than $560 shipped?
I don't know about cheaper, but definitely pretty close to that price.

I'm not a huge fan of F&F coils to be honest, I was just making sure the OP knew which deal included the warranty and what not.

I'd say maybe about <5% of the people on this forum would ever do a track event or NEED stiffer springs and/or biased spring rates to the rear. Even less would benefit from it. I'd never suggest a novice to run the spring rates that Progress lists as their "Road Race/Autocross" setup, esp if the car is driven on the street.
I wasn't really suggesting as much as informing. I can't read OP's mind, never know what people have in mind or might want to do in the future :what: