Adjustable End Links

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone have any experience with Adjustable Endlinks for a rear swaybar? Im looking at the package from PasswordJDM for the ASK brace with Rear Sway and not sure if I should just stick to my stock endlinks, or get adjustables.

What are the pro's/con's with them?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have endlinks that work right now, don't bother.

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, but my other question still remains, what good are adjustables?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, but my other question still remains, what good are adjustables?
nothing really. Endlinks are endlinks. Maybe in that case, the adjustables could fit more applications, but theres no "performance" increase to them at all.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
basically if your looking into fine tuning your rear sway setup then get the adj, if this is just for a DD...non adj will be fine. Though i'd prolly pick up the adj just to have that capability.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fine tune a rear sway, how? I wouldnt think adjusting it would make a difference. Itd actually almost be better to have the factory, fixed ones.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you cant have a neutral suspension without adjustable endlinks. The sway bars never reset on a lowered car unless you have the adjustable endlinks. They are relatively inexpensive and well worth the money.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you cant have a neutral suspension without adjustable endlinks. The sway bars never reset on a lowered car unless you have the adjustable endlinks. They are relatively inexpensive and well worth the money.
explain more please?

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a sway or anti-sway bar reacts to lateral tension such as body roll and reacts according to the degree of tension placed on it at that moment. when the car starts to roll the sway bar keeps it from rolling over. the sway bar is designed from the factory to have a certain tension on it at all times, which is placed there by the factory ride height. Once the height is adjusted it placed more tension on the sway bar. The endlinks allow you to compensate for this. If you dont adjust the sway bar then your car will rely stricktly on the spring rate of the suspension to compensate for body roll. In the end you will have a much more stable suspension when you adjust your sway bar properly.

To make a neutral suspension takes alot of time and most people will need to take their cars to a knowledgable shop to acheive this. 1st thing adjust the ride height of the car. this must be done first. Then allign the car. now you need to adjust the endlinks to neutralze the sway bars. corner weigh the car and adjust it. road test it. corner weigh again to ensure the adjustments are accurate. Check out this link this shop knows how to properly neutralize a suspension.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=15