Advice needed...

ocdjg

5+ Year Member
What up peeps. Here's the deal. I got a 95 civic that is in pretty bad shape. Let me list the problems for you all to see;

1. Leaking oil. I think I got a bad gasket, and a damaged oil pan.
2. Leaky cabin. Its got a sunroof, and I think the seals may be worn or damaged allowing water into my cabin.
3. Moldy smell in the cabin.
4. Rear axle seems to be mis-aligned!? Not sure if thats even possible or if its due to frame damage (rear ended).

She's also got some cosmetic things wrong like a shot paint finish, broken passenger side light, damaged front bumper, and some significant dings here and there.

Now here's my question. Do I try to keep her and rehab her? Or do I throw in the towel and get rid of her? Right now I'm leaning more on the getting rid of her option but then that raises the question as to what to do with the civic once I get another car. I don't think I'll get anything from the dealer in a trade in situation but I don't feel right trying to sell it to another person either. What do you guys think?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get rid of it, they are cheap enough to get a fresh body and start off in better shape, without a mods list hard to say but if stock it is not worth it

nyjprice

5+ Year Member
I would junk it and sell what u can off it or save it for your next car 1500 to 2000 gets you a better car in todays world and u would of spent that just trying to fix your old 1 and still have more work to do on it

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What up peeps. Here's the deal. I got a 95 civic that is in pretty bad shape. Let me list the problems for you all to see;

1. Leaking oil. I think I got a bad gasket, and a damaged oil pan.
2. Leaky cabin. Its got a sunroof, and I think the seals may be worn or damaged allowing water into my cabin.
3. Moldy smell in the cabin.
4. Rear axle seems to be mis-aligned!? Not sure if thats even possible or if its due to frame damage (rear ended).

She's also got some cosmetic things wrong like a shot paint finish, broken passenger side light, damaged front bumper, and some significant dings here and there.

Now here's my question. Do I try to keep her and rehab her? Or do I throw in the towel and get rid of her? Right now I'm leaning more on the getting rid of her option but then that raises the question as to what to do with the civic once I get another car. I don't think I'll get anything from the dealer in a trade in situation but I don't feel right trying to sell it to another person either. What do you guys think?

:lol:

if it was mine i think i would have to rehab her. depends too, is this your only car? if it was my only car then i probably would still have to rehab her.. new cars cost alot more! star with mechanical crap first

sr20b16a2

Banned
at least part out the thing and sell like everything on your internet classifieds like distributor, all that s**t like litterally everything