Advice on a good system

fmx555

5+ Year Member
man jl is your best bet for the money.. ther solid. my favorit system out of about 6 or 7 was my jbl amp with my two dub 3s.

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
Yeah that's what im going with, type s 6.5's w/ tweeters and type s 6 x 9's in the back. And ill power them with a vpower f300 4 channel. Not too expensive, but I've heard good things about alpine. Eventually an alpine head unit will come and headlights, then im done ! Haha, for now.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
in my old benz I had apline HU, infinity kappa all around and a 12 L7 in the trunk. I dont like the infinity kappas, IMO the reference sound better. now in my civic I have an alpine HU, type s components, and a type r 10 and it is a pretty good balance. here is a good site for making your own box (if you want a slot port box).

http://subwoofertools.com/calculator_display.ashx

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also, I mainly do all my audio shopping on crutchfield, narrow it down to a few different options, then go to a car audio shop and listen to them in person. once I've decided on what speakers im going to buy, I go home and search ebay and buy them!

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My current setup...

Focal 6v2s 6.5" Components
JL 5x7's (can't remember model # off top of head/used for "fill")
Alpine PDX-5
Kenwood KFC-W2511 (x2 in a sealed box)
Kenwood Double Din

Total Invested so far: Under $300...just so you know, there are definitely HIGH quality systems out there you can get...you just need to look..look...look...some people just think things will appear or that things have to be bought new, but used and new can still be gotten for hella cheap prices...the only thing I have not new is the In-Dash...

Good Luck man....

bigm

5+ Year Member
it depends on what you are going for loud, spl, and what kind of music you listen to

bigm

5+ Year Member
right now i am running

Alpine IVA-D310
JL Audio 6.5 component ZR series in door and back
JL Audio 500/5
DD Audio 3510 sub
Stinger wiring and Red top Optimia

RLBROTC

5+ Year Member
Guys, sorry to revive the thread. I am running the Polk Audio 6.5's and 6x9's in the civic and need a good 4-channel amp to power it that's not too pricey. Advice?

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can't complain with the Type R's my brother has. Running strong since 2005. They are like new. With a Rockford Fosgate amp, Funny how they have been ripping on BOTH of those items in this thread so far. I have put 2000Rms through those woofers for a year. Mint woofers. Well worth the money.