advice on lowering..

Schlingding23

5+ Year Member
So right now i just have some crappy ebay coilovers on my car which makes my ride suck..and its not good for the ladies if you know what i mean. ;]

anyways, i was thinking about buying some basic 2.5 lowering springs from Tein or whatever brand that is okay but not too expensive. At the sametime my friend is telling to put some coilovers and camberkit on my car. Is that all really nescessary or can i just get some springs and im done?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It doesn't matter if you're lowering on springs on coilovers, if you're dropping your car more than 2 inches you really SHOULD get a camber kit. As far as the ride quality goes try getting some new shocks.

JCSVT

5+ Year Member
I got some brand new H&R race springs - 2.5" drop in front, 2.2" drop in rear, for 150$ - still in box....

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't need a camber kit, you DO need an alignment though. H&R Race springs should do you good. Tein springs don't drop low.

Tphong

5+ Year Member
I just put a set of Tein S springs on my EJ1. The back has a fair amount of camber. I believe it calls for a 1.7/1.9 drop. I don't know if an alignment will straigten up the camber enough in the rear. Should I invest in a rear camber kit and an alignment or will an alignment take care of everything??

96civicrunner

5+ Year Member
I just put a set of Tein S springs on my EJ1. The back has a fair amount of camber. I believe it calls for a 1.7/1.9 drop. I don't know if an alignment will straigten up the camber enough in the rear. Should I invest in a rear camber kit and an alignment or will an alignment take care of everything??
Save yourself the trouble and just install a camber kit front/back while your down there already installing the springs/coilovers.

Some people say you dont need them... but I say just get them and get a adjustment/alignment when your done installing them it only runs like 60-80 bucks to get and alignment/adjustment on the camber kits.

Well worth it in the long run.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get a rear camber kit for like $10 at ACE Hardware or Home Depot.

Edit: You probably don't even know what I'm talking about, it's called a washer trick, search for it.

96civicrunner

5+ Year Member
yeahthe washer trick is nice, but I rather have a real adjustable rear camber... but one each's own i guess.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeahthe washer trick is nice, but I rather have a real adjustable rear camber... but one each's own i guess.
Yeah adjustability is nice, when you use it more than once, but I rather have cash in my pocket...