Advice on my B16 turbo setup.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not have a larger cold side and smaller hot side? Should make more torque, and a lot more fun to drive... But then that gets into hybrids and buying them from the manufacturers. (I really meant 57/63, just got a few numbers mixed up hehe)

Wiseco would be best imo, ever think about bigger? Possibly 82mm? or 83mm?

I could've swore you once said you wanted around 300whp or so...

You should've gotten that Eagle rod set; I think it comes with the rods, bearings, wrist pins, bolts.

Perhaps. What would be the price difference between 2mm at the machine shop? any hp numbers difference?

300whp was more of the goal before I decided to build the motor :lol:

I got a pretty good deal on the rods. I paid 525 shipped for the Eagle rods, springs and retainers( all new ). Not bad I guess

ive heard good and bad things about cometic head gaskets...im sure it would work just fine though....i myself am running a HKS Bead Headgasket....if you dont mind spending 150 bucks on a headgasket i would go with a HKS Bead....

you man as well get all the bearings at once....but make sure to plastigauge the crank and rods to make sure you have the right sizes...
The only bad I've heard about the Cometic HG are that if you DON'T get y our head/block resurfaced, then there's room for fail. As long as the surfaces are resurfaced, you shouldn't have a problem.
Good info. thanks guys.

I think I'll just go with the Golden Eagle gasket :what:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Price difference for them to bore the cylinders would range around $50-100. Experience more gains up to 20-50whp.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My stock B16 lasted almost a year until I bent a valve. I was pushing 268whp@10psi. I'm now in the process of upgrading all the internals to beef everything up for more power. I say build it if you have the time&money.
just out of curiousity. how did you bend a valve?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Stock internals.. perhaps couldn't handle 8K rpms.. oh well, it's just what I needed to move my build along to a bigger stage =)

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Stock internals.. perhaps couldn't handle 8K rpms.. oh well, it's just what I needed to move my build along to a bigger stage =)
well if it was a b16 i would think it could handle 8k....

maybe holding it at high rpms for a long period of time ??

remember 5th gear pulls are bad....after 4th gear i always let off....

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't let off until 6th gear..

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would guess around 300whp....

and thats in a 1800lb car lol... 91 civic hb std. model
Take it to the dyno! I'm curious

If you can trap 120-122mph in a 1/4 then maybe ;)
From a dig he wouldn't stand a chance. from a roll, it would probably be a good race.

I get paid thursday so I'll most likely buy something :lol:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It would be fun from a roll if you're around 2k lbs making 300whp ;P

I ran a 5g hatch that made 33whp and he was like close to 2400lbs with driver, man it was fun. Between me and him it was a drivers race; I would pull 1/2 car, then he would pull 1/2 car, and every run was back and forth. He's making 420whp and rapes everything on the road now; the only problem is getting traction in 3rd ;P

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It would be fun from a roll if you're around 2k lbs making 300whp ;P

I ran a 5g hatch that made 33whp and he was like close to 2400lbs with driver, man it was fun. Between me and him it was a drivers race; I would pull 1/2 car, then he would pull 1/2 car, and every run was back and forth. He's making 420whp and rapes everything on the road now; the only problem is getting traction in 3rd ;P
How much whp are you making? and with what mods. My friend has an '05 sti with about 300-310whp and about 340 trq and it pulls real nice. All he has is intake, turbo back, and stage 2 tune (i think).