Advice on my B16 turbo setup.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
very nice....did you get rid of the .48 turbo for it ???

you made the right choice of switching over to a .63 turbo...especially when your revving to 8k......your gonna love it ......let me know what kinda power you make !! =)

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man I'll keep you up to date.

Also in:

Eagle H beams

and KMS dual springs and retainers

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good so far... what pistons do you plan on going with? size?

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good so far... what pistons do you plan on going with? size?
I'll most likely go with either JE pistons or wiseco. probably wiseco. 9.0:1 comp 81.5mm

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wiseco > JE SRP

are those high performance parts for the head ??

do you plan to rev higher than 8k?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
power goal? your going to be making some pretty impressive numbers from what I can tell...

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wiseco > JE SRP

are those high performance parts for the head ??

do you plan to rev higher than 8k?
maaaaayybe ;)

power goal? your going to be making some pretty impressive numbers from what I can tell...
Anywhere between 350-380 whp would make me happy. I probably won't run anymore than maybe 15 psi. It's my daily so don't want to get too crazy.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
maaaaayybe ;)

Anywhere between 350-380 whp would make me happy. I probably won't run anymore than maybe 15 psi. It's my daily so don't want to get too crazy.
ya you'll be good with around 350whp....thats enough power to have you spinning all the way through 3rd and probably 4th lol....thats how much i wanna make after i install a holset hx35 and bigger injectors.... i cant wait :lol:

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya you'll be good with around 350whp....thats enough power to have you spinning all the way through 3rd and probably 4th lol....thats how much i wanna make after i install a holset hx35 and bigger injectors.... i cant wait :lol:
:lol: nice. It should be fun. what kind of rubber are you using?

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rubber? as in tires ??

im running some cheap walmart tires lol....
Yea same here, I'm running some Riken Raptor's made by michelin I believe. all four were 386 mounted and balanced lol. I have a feeling I'll be buying better tires once the setup is finished :lol:

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah man just stick on some 205's and youll be all set.. luckily for me I work for a tire company and get all 4 for 140 mounted and balanced.. sorry to rub it in :lol:

looking forward to seeing this build come alive though !

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah man just stick on some 205's and youll be all set.. luckily for me I work for a tire company and get all 4 for 140 mounted and balanced.. sorry to rub it in :lol:

looking forward to seeing this build come alive though !
well you just suck!

same here man, I cannot wait to have this finished. But I'm trying not to rush things because that's when things go wrong :|

plus, there's nothing like waiting a little longer and getting a good deal. budget build ftw

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well you just suck!

same here man, I cannot wait to have this finished. But I'm trying not to rush things because that's when things go wrong :|

plus, there's nothing like waiting a little longer and getting a good deal. budget build ftw
You said it. Im in the process of my build on my y8.. looking for 300 to the wheels or close to that... ive just realized that its going to take longer than expected but like you said, waiting to get a good deal is worth it.

whats your next purchase?

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You said it. Im in the process of my build on my y8.. looking for 300 to the wheels or close to that... ive just realized that its going to take longer than expected but like you said, waiting to get a good deal is worth it.

whats your next purchase?
Good luck with your build. It seems like most of the time it always takes longer than expected.

I almost want to find a beater for like 500 bucks or so. Not only because I'll need something to drive while my car is down but I think it would be nice to have a daily beater for work/school.

either some wiseco pistons or ferrea valves will be the next purchase. or studs :cool:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

...you goin with arp headstuds ?? what about headgasket ??

should look into getting a toga oil pump as well...to increase the oil pressure so you dont have to worry about slipping a bearing...

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/toga_oilpumpshonda.html
yea arp studs for sure. maybe golden eagle head gasket. have you heard anything about the cometic gaskets?

alright thanks, I'll look into the oil pump. And I'm glad you brought up bearings. Should I just get the main bearings? or will it be necessary to get the main bearings, rod bearings, and trust washers all in one?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its 57/63 :P
Why not have a larger cold side and smaller hot side? Should make more torque, and a lot more fun to drive... But then that gets into hybrids and buying them from the manufacturers. (I really meant 57/63, just got a few numbers mixed up hehe)

I'll most likely go with either JE pistons or wiseco. probably wiseco. 9.0:1 comp 81.5mm
Wiseco would be best imo, ever think about bigger? Possibly 82mm? or 83mm?

I could've swore you once said you wanted around 300whp or so...

cometic gaskets?

alright thanks, I'll look into the oil pump. And I'm glad you brought up bearings. Should I just get the main bearings? or will it be necessary to get the main bearings, rod bearings, and trust washers all in one?
You should've gotten that Eagle rod set; I think it comes with the rods, bearings, wrist pins, bolts.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea arp studs for sure. maybe golden eagle head gasket. have you heard anything about the cometic gaskets?

ive heard good and bad things about cometic head gaskets...im sure it would work just fine though....i myself am running a HKS Bead Headgasket....if you dont mind spending 150 bucks on a headgasket i would go with a HKS Bead....

you man as well get all the bearings at once....but make sure to plastigauge the crank and rods to make sure you have the right sizes...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only bad I've heard about the Cometic HG are that if you DON'T get y our head/block resurfaced, then there's room for fail. As long as the surfaces are resurfaced, you shouldn't have a problem.