Advice on ride height

EJ8ZILLA

Hey guys i've got a 1998 preface civic coupe (ej8 or u guys know it as an ex or i think si) and i'm not entirely sure about how low would a 1 finger gap all round would be. This is my stock ride height

Thanks guys

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure what the drop is but when I had my Ej8 I had a 2 finger gap all the way around. Able to keep perfect camber while not have any rubbing issues at all. I was running coil overs so I could adjust to the height I wanted.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should figure out a budget first, then decide on what type of suspension you want and how you want it to drive and feel. That will help you narrow down your setup and get you where you want it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like it how it is now...

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Koni yellow struts with d2 springs. On the front struts put the adjustable collar on the lower perch. this settles the ride height to a more even appearance. I cant complain at all about the suspension. Ive had it set on "sport" and Its not too rough, and isnt bouncy at all. I get compliments on how my car sits and how well it handles. and i spent less than 600 on the whole setup. I do need to get extended top hats soon though. And barely any problems rubbing. I banged in the inner fender wells, and it hasnt rubbed :cool:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm hopefully picking up Koni Yellows with GCs this week. I've heard great things about them and they're a popular set up.
I can let you know how it is.

EJ8ZILLA

Ohh well my budget is under $800 and yeah i was hoping to lower the car abit without rubbing. But yeah i will look into D16Racer88's suggestion as it fits into my budget.

And crash! that would be great when u get the konis with gc's this week installed take a photo and show me how it stands. Thanks alot
I was thinking of Skunk2 Springs with Skunk2 Shocks but i heard there realy stiff put together but the ride height would look great since its approx a 2.5" Drop at the front and 2" at the Rear

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm hopefully picking up Koni Yellows with GCs this week. I've heard great things about them and they're a popular set up.
I can let you know how it is.
It is a mighty nice set up. I have it on my dumped ek hatch :D

tony9156

98 ex. About a one finger gap all the way around with no rubbing and the ride feels like stock suspension. Tein s techs on Kyb agx struts, about $500 for the setup

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anybody concerned with what wheel and tire setup is on going to be used? Kinda makes a difference don't ya think...