advice/opinions needed

slammedej8

5+ Year Member
ok so im about to boost my y8 in a couple weeks, gonna get the head rebuilt because the valve stems seals are leaking so i figured i might as well put some arp head studs in and either a cometic or oem headgasket, and a block guard. thinking of running about 10-12psi stock with ac and ps. think i could do it safely? i dont know what intercooler size i should get, im looking at the mishimoto 27.5x11.75 or 24.5x11.75, i want something the would hide nicely behind the bumper, what size are yall running? and also i wantd to run a vibrant muffler 3 inch, would running a resonator on a boosted setup be a waste of money? thanks yall

civic0918

Registered VIP
just my 2 cents but id start out low and go from there like 8 or 9 psi at the most just to be safe on your motor and your wallet.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
=1 and it also depends on what turbo you are going to run...the head is not the issue its the block.

ThatSIguy

Poor mans Type R
The amount of boost is a ratio of the turbo size. for example 6psi out of a 50 trim would be similar to about 10 out of a 16g. What size turbo did you plan on using? Also if the intercooler is too large for the size turbo it will create lag, hope this helps!

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
I would suggest NOT dropping a block guard into the assembled block.

A power goal will be much more important than a psi goal.; go from there.