Aem V2

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because an aftermarket intake on our cars doesnt really give you much performance gains, just sound. And rather than spending money on an intake, you can just remove part of your stock box and still get the sound factor. Just have to keep the piece shown because it has the filter in it.
yeah for a d17 motor an intake will give you maybe 2-5 hp at best, but when your add in a goot header and exhaust, you'll feel the difference. it's not going to knock you back in your seat but you will notice it pulls harder than stock.

stoney13

5+ Year Member
Yeah i have the AEM V2 intake on my 01 civic and it sounds great. I recommend it. It produces an awesome sound.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$200+ for sound < Saved money through recession

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
$200+ for sound < Saved money through recession
Sometimes all you may want is a good sound and you don't care about 2 hp... Why else do you by an expensive stainless steel exhaust system when some cheap steel one will give the same hp because they are both 2 1/4 inch pipe. You by a 600$ exhaust for its sound it produces, not for the power it "produces." Because, for one, we all know exhaust systems do not make or produce power even though the product details may say so. So maybe a cheap steel exhaust suits you if all you want is a horrible fart noise from your civic since all you care about is that 3hp it "produces".

Another word on this is that NO exhaust system is the best exhaust system, but we all have the because it would be too god damn loud, and, therefore, no exhaust system will ever MAKE or PRODUCE power from your civic. By the way civics don't sound that good with just headers, I started mine up when I was replacing mine (I had too. I was just so tempted, heh...). It was okay, but I prefer the muffled sound, and not to be chased by the cops everywhere I go... It was f**king loud!

Nothing like the porche I heard with no exhaust though...

bones420

5+ Year Member
just buy a cheap ebay tube and put a K&N filter on it, your not gonna see a big difference either way u go
but it will save some $$$$

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Renzo - What he means is that we only have a single header. So we don't have headerS, we have a header.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sometimes all you may want is a good sound and you don't care about 2 hp... Why else do you by an expensive stainless steel exhaust system when some cheap steel one will give the same hp because they are both 2 1/4 inch pipe. You by a 600$ exhaust for its sound it produces, not for the power it "produces." Because, for one, we all know exhaust systems do not make or produce power even though the product details may say so. So maybe a cheap steel exhaust suits you if all you want is a horrible fart noise from your civic since all you care about is that 3hp it "produces".

Another word on this is that NO exhaust system is the best exhaust system, but we all have the because it would be too god damn loud, and, therefore, no exhaust system will ever MAKE or PRODUCE power from your civic. By the way civics don't sound that good with just headers, I started mine up when I was replacing mine (I had too. I was just so tempted, heh...). It was okay, but I prefer the muffled sound, and not to be chased by the cops everywhere I go... It was f**king loud!

Nothing like the porche I heard with no exhaust though...
I noticed you quoted me... Not sure if you referred this ^^ to me but...

Aren't we talking about INTAKES?

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
when i bought my car it had a no name brand short intake but it was thicker than the AEM i have now. the no name brand had a deep sound when WOT. when i got the short AEM i didnt get them deep sound when WOT. Which kinda sucks but whatver. Ill be doing a swap for a GSR this summer and i cant decide whether to get a CAI or the whale pines. all i want is the deep sound since you dont really get that much HP from an intake. do you know why thicker tube makes deeper sound. this was the only thing i didnt like about the AEM one.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bigger piping, more surface area for air to travel through.

Way back in the days, I had a CAI on my GSR hatchie, I loved it. Little things such as i/h/e on a DOHC does make somewhat more of a difference than the SOHCs. You'll notice a little more romp with a intake on your DOHC than your SOHC.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good analogy, but like the OP said, he wants more of a sound factor than just the performance factor. What's a better deal than a free deal, correct?