AFC Tunning?

shwndzzl

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this questions, just let me know if I need to move it.

What means of adjusting maps A/F etc... would be most appropriate for me. I am driving my EM1 Civic as a daily driver, no major mods planned (turbo etc..), and I'd like to simply squeeze a little extra out of the stock setup, and improve fuel efficiency. I have done a bit of research into products but dont know much from experience. They all say they are the best, of course. Does any one have any suggestions or first hand experiences?

I have looked into;
Apexi AFC/S-AFC/AFC Neo
Hondata
Hypertech Max Energy Sport
Venom 400

Last edited:

shwndzzl

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this questions, just let me know if I need to move it.

What means of adjusting maps A/F etc... would be most appropriate for me. I am driving my EM1 Civic as a daily driver, no major mods planned (turbo etc..), and I'd like to simply squeeze a little extra out of the stock setup, and improve fuel efficiency. I have done a bit of research into products but dont know much from experience. They all say they are the best, of course. Does any one have any suggestions or first hand experiences?

I have looked into;
Apexi AFC/S-AFC/AFC Neo
Hondata
Hypertech Max Energy Sport
Venom 400
Still havent gotten any input on this.. No one has anything to say about this?

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
these are all used for modified cars, turbo, cams, independent throttle bodies and so on. the money you will spend does not out weigh the tuning potential. spend 400-500 on a tuning system for 10hp not worth it imo. if you are planning on turbo or aftermarket cams i would.

shwndzzl

these are all used for modified cars, turbo, cams, independent throttle bodies and so on. the money you will spend does not out weigh the tuning potential. spend 400-500 on a tuning system for 10hp not worth it imo. if you are planning on turbo or aftermarket cams i would.
OK so theres no point in tuning a stock motor.. gotcha.
What about mild modifications like intake, exhaust?

This is my daily driver im totally happy with it as is, reliability and drivability are my main goals, but I wouldn't mind a little more pep. I thought I may be able to get it by just tuning the ecu.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
no on both. intake and exhaust together still dont warrant a chipped ECU. Mild mods would be cams to go with the intake/exhaust, and maybe a 50 shot of nitrous. :-)