Afraid of window off track

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I have owned 2 EK Civics, both DX's with manual windows.
I constantly had issues with the driverside windows coming off the tracks on both cars, and lemme tell you pulling up your window with your hand going don the interstate is not fun at 70MPH.
This problem is so persistent I might have decided to never own another EK, it's extremely annoying. If it's not the front track, it's the back track track, and vice versa. I pulled off the door panels, re-lubed and adjusted the tracks, removed the windows, ect..
Does anyone know why these cars do this, I don't want to own another one if I'm just going to inherent another messed up window..
Any perment fixes?
I tried the washer trick, no workie workie.
Thanks for any input.

Trekk

Registered VIP
I never really looked into why it happens. I just know it does, I've replaced a few regulators on the cars I've had and my friends because the window just falls down in the door. It's not fun to have to buy the regulators, but you won't have any more problems for a long time once you do.

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had 2 EK's now and both had this exact issue. I wish there was a solid fix to this.

RichardCrainium

the regulator is worn out either replace it or pull the window up at intersections. those little rubber wedges to hold doors open work well to hold the window up.

touge_monster

i had the same problem with my ek and on driver side and after looking at the problem over and over and over and over, i found out that my run channel was kinda rip at where the mirror was mounted so i decided to order a new one and replace it to see if it would work cause my window motor was working fine so i replace the run channel and now it works perfect......BTW my was auto windows

link for window channel, this website sale oem parts, cheaper that stealership (dealer charges almost $100 each side)....# 8 and 13

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=11&productID=4&yearID=17&doorID=1&gradeID=11&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=8&idAndImageID=1687 1470727

youtube video on how to replace the run channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdcTMblJK6E

hope this will help with your window going off track