After 2 years...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
CLEAN MAN!!! f**k THATS CLEAN!! High props, mad props, mucho props. I want a sunroof for my EK.

The other day some nice olive green hatch was tail gating me and the foo had a sunroof. I was like wtf? Lucky mofo.

Props for the Si dome light also.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys... yeah it's still rigid.. maybe not as, but still strong enough. I know honda does sell the roof panel by itself so I know similar work is done. But yeah, this shop has a good rep is one of the few good ones left here in honolulu.

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all that work just for a moon roof huh?! different but i wouldn't do it...:thumbs up

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool:
i first thought it was going to be cf roof, but a sunroof is always nice!

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys... yeah too much work... and I doubt if I'd do it again if I had the chance..

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's killer, just pull a bam margera next time and saws-all it. me and a buddy made a convertable chevy LUV that way. hella tight. anyways, that's sick.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean ride, sick ass EK, props on all the work, don't think I would've done so much for the sake of time and money but hey, I bet it was worth it.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes sir... i feel it was pretty much worth. s**t, i'ma have to after i spent that much. lol. but yeah... next time bam fo show!

moebiius

5+ Year Member
so what did you do? get a roof from an SI / EX / LX ? Is that roof OEM Honda? the body shop cut it out and sold you the top section from the old donor car? then you have to cut your existing one out and weld the new one on? some details would be appreciated

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what did you do? get a roof from an SI / EX / LX ? Is that roof OEM Honda? the body shop cut it out and sold you the top section from the old donor car? then you have to cut your existing one out and weld the new one on? some details would be appreciated
Hi. I got the roof from a 6th gen 2 doored ex. LX's don't have moonroofs. Yes, the roof is OEM Honda. Yes, the shop cut out my roof and welded on the ex roof and yes I did pay for it and he looked for a donor for free. I have a complete ex harness and used the moonroof harness with my dx fusebox which was plug and play. I also slapped in the ex headliner and now just missing about 5 inches of headliner in the back since a hatch is longer. Are you now appreciative of most of the obvious details I'm sure you picked up by the pictures and posts by the other intelligent members?

moebiius

5+ Year Member
Hi. I got the roof from a 6th gen 2 doored ex. LX's don't have moonroofs. Yes, the roof is OEM Honda. Yes, the shop cut out my roof and welded on the ex roof and yes I did pay for it and he looked for a donor for free. I have a complete ex harness and used the moonroof harness with my dx fusebox which was plug and play. I also slapped in the ex headliner and now just missing about 5 inches of headliner in the back since a hatch is longer. Are you now appreciative of most of the obvious details I'm sure you picked up by the pictures and posts by the other intelligent members?
firstly, I'd like to thank you for your reply but you didn't have to say things like "this was obvious or that was obvious from the pictures, yeah dude, i saw that you took another cars roof and slapped it onto yours....I just wanted the details like if you did the shiet yourself or not and things that were not too obvious from the pictures that did work and god forbid the pictures that didn't work at the time I posted the previous reply....maybe I can see those dead links too!!??....You didn't have to reply if you ask me, but thanks for replying and helping some of the newer members here that have tried to search and read for hours on end, sometimes prevail with the outcome of knowledge and sometimes torn because they couldn't find that damned "keyword" to search for the right topic.and just because of that you're gonna talk shiet like "other intelligent people on this board" ....you think so highly of yourself, so high and mighty that you are so quick to judge! HUMBLE YOURSELF PLEASE!

AND YES I CAN SEE ALL OF THE PICTURES NOW...........

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
firstly, I'd like to thank you for your reply but you didn't have to say things like "this was obvious or that was obvious from the pictures, yeah dude, i saw that you took another cars roof and slapped it onto yours....I just wanted the details like if you did the shiet yourself or not and things that were not too obvious from the pictures that did work and god forbid the pictures that didn't work at the time I posted the previous reply....maybe I can see those dead links too!!??....You didn't have to reply if you ask me, but thanks for replying and helping some of the newer members here that have tried to search and read for hours on end, sometimes prevail with the outcome of knowledge and sometimes torn because they couldn't find that damned "keyword" to search for the right topic.and just because of that you're gonna talk shiet like "other intelligent people on this board" ....you think so highly of yourself, so high and mighty that you are so quick to judge! HUMBLE YOURSELF PLEASE!

AND YES I CAN SEE ALL OF THE PICTURES NOW...........
You're welcome. I don't think highly of myself, and yeah I probably came off like an a*****e but I'm sure if you read your post again, and coming from my side, it just looks like a smartass post. I'm humble until it comes to those kinda people. If the pictures were down it was probably because of photobucket. How bout we just drop it and start all over. If there's any more specific details you wanna know, ask away.

justinfetalvero

HatchOwned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NICE JOB! and sick hatch man! I would love to do that to my car but for 2 grand theres other things i would buy. But def sick. Maui too doesnt have that much eks. I feel lucky to have one...haha. Got anything for sale? i got a 98 hatch. would love to buy things from people in hawaii. Shipping is cheap for once! haha