Aftermarket Anti-Theft Immoblizer

My92Civic

I really have a 93...doh!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay anyone know if they have applications of an aftermarket Anti-Theft Immobilizer system for the 1992 Honda Civic? Does Honda have one?

Thanks

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fuel pump kill switch(no fuel, no go), extra starter switch(cant even engage starter unless you press your safety switch as well as turn key)... there are so many things that could be done

jdmegcoupe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have alot of different diagrams for starter kills and fuel pump kills plus some neat tricks that make u have your seat belt on in order to start the car. If any one is interested pm me and if i feel i can trust u and you are not a thief then I will get you those diagrams.

My92Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats a lowjack?

No, I am looking for one because my 92 Civic or older model Civic's for that matter don't have any protection from thiefs. That's why I need some information on particular things that I can do to protect my car. I was watching a Canadian short show on car theft and they said older model Honda's can be broken into and taken in less than a minute. Thus, I am looking for protection for my car, and hopefully an anti-theft immobilizier is a good start but not sure if anyone actually makes them for the older model Honda's. No I'm not a car stealer; I'm a good hearted 16 yr old. Some other solutions the show said were to get those alarms that utilizes a service like OnStar/GPS system tracking (which is nice and all but expensive).

I have been hearing many things from Fuel Pump Switches (don't know what they are), to other stuff mentioned but I have no idea what they are, what they do and if theifs can still take the car.

Martin Racing Design

FKA Carbon Creations
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.lojack.com/

The patented LoJack System includes a small radio frequency transceiver hidden in up to 20 places in a your vehicle. Each LoJack System has a unique code that is tied into the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When a theft is reported to the police, a routine entry into the state police crime computer results in a match of the LoJack System's unique code against the state VIN database. This automatically activates the LoJack System in your car, which emits an inaudible signal. Law enforcement authorities who are equipped with LoJack vehicle tracking units - in their police cruisers and aviation units - are always listening for a LoJack signal. Police use the LoJack vehicle tracking units to track and recover your LoJack equipped vehicle.

theres another type of system that makes the car turn off after a few seconds of driving.

k-series motors have a built in immobilizer

http://www.cardefender.com/ <== immobilizer

amazing what :google: can do

My92Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Martin Racing Design said:
http://www.lojack.com/

The patented LoJack System includes a small radio frequency transceiver hidden in up to 20 places in a your vehicle. Each LoJack System has a unique code that is tied into the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When a theft is reported to the police, a routine entry into the state police crime computer results in a match of the LoJack System's unique code against the state VIN database. This automatically activates the LoJack System in your car, which emits an inaudible signal. Law enforcement authorities who are equipped with LoJack vehicle tracking units - in their police cruisers and aviation units - are always listening for a LoJack signal. Police use the LoJack vehicle tracking units to track and recover your LoJack equipped vehicle.

theres another type of system that makes the car turn off after a few seconds of driving.

k-series motors have a built in immobilizer

http://www.cardefender.com/ <== immobilizer

amazing what :google: can do
Ya, I typed in "Anti-Theft Immobilizer for 92 Honda Civic" in Google and s**t turned up :roll:

Thanks for the infos you gave.

BTW: I live in Canada so I don't get that service.

Govacho

RUN THAT s**t.......
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdmegcoupe said:
I have alot of different diagrams for starter kills and fuel pump kills plus some neat tricks that make u have your seat belt on in order to start the car. If any one is interested pm me and if i feel i can trust u and you are not a thief then I will get you those diagrams.

This is it right here. These guys got it down to a tee. I have a fule and starter kill / safety switch....... Im not going to say a thing.......

Govacho

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no matter how many immobilizers, alarms, lojacks, etc you have on your car, if a theif wants your s**t bad enough, he'll get it. those things make it harder for a joyrider/amateur, but if a pro wants your s**t, hes gonna get it. best defense is not to make a theif want your car.

My92Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
no matter how many immobilizers, alarms, lojacks, etc you have on your car, if a theif wants your s**t bad enough, he'll get it. those things make it harder for a joyrider/amateur, but if a pro wants your s**t, hes gonna get it. best defense is not to make a theif want your car.
I think that is a good way but I don't want my car to look like s**t...lol

I plan to keep the look of my civic a "stock" look and hopefully nobody trys to steal it...lol