Aftermarket Camshaft on 00 EX? Couple Questions.

TeggyBear_Ls

5+ Year Member
2000 Civic EX with intake, exhaust, Megan header, lightweight pulleys, stage2 clutch & lightweight flywheel.

Want to get a nice cam. What's a good brand?

Will we need to get the larger lift valve springs? Or, like on most cars, does it matter which cam you get?

You don't NEED aftermarket cam gears do you?

Someone keeps telling my friend (owner of car) that getting a cam and cam gear will mess the car up? I don't know, I say BS.

Like say this BlOX cam. Will he need larger valve springs to run this Stage2 cam?
http://www.builtbynotorious.com/blratusecaho.html

Okay, these Skunk2 Stage 1 cams say that you can use it with stock valvetrain, which is good. How's the performance of this cam?
http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1323/68/

Thanks, I really appreciate all the help ;)

EKEX

5+ Year Member
shoulda just swapped it or boosted it IMO

its probably not necessary but good insurance for ur motor

andrewmrtnsn

5+ Year Member
if ur thinkin you can just throw in a cam n be done.. you are gravely mistaken my friend. i would recomend gettin sprigs n retainers while ur at it.. but you gotta get it tuned when ur done

BLINDD

5+ Year Member
Get the Bisimoto Level 1 Cam. It will run you about $340 but its guaranteed to put down the power no other SOHC cam can.

TeggyBear_Ls

5+ Year Member
Get the Bisimoto Level 1 Cam. It will run you about $340 but its guaranteed to put down the power no other SOHC cam can.
Can you use the OEM springs/retainers?

I know about tuning it. He's looking for a good place for an chipped ECU. There's a sponsor here who said he'd hook us up. Waiting for his reply.

BLINDD

5+ Year Member
Can you use the OEM springs/retainers?

I know about tuning it. He's looking for a good place for an chipped ECU. There's a sponsor here who said he'd hook us up. Waiting for his reply.
Yup. Only if you go level 2 will you need to upgrade.

Crewdog180

*6th Gen. Freak*
5+ Year Member
Skunk2, It's what I got on order for my D series build. Heard nothing but good things about it. Always a good idea to use new springs and retainers like the previous member stated. Heres the Part # for the springs and retainers I have. Part No : Skunk2 311-05-0345 check them out, think you will like them.