Aftermarket Headlamp/ HID Kit ???s

emDEUCE

Black Man Drivin!
5+ Year Member
Someone backed into my car(2004 Civic LX) and damaged the original aftermarket headlights I installed in my vehicle. The body shop that fixed my car installed what I believe to be (Anzo) projector headlights. Well, my problem is this. I bought an HID kit from ddmtuning.com (9006) and when I went to install them the new headlights dont take the 9006 bulb. We tried to fit the 9006 low beam kit but I didnt fit. I removed the bulb and it appears to be one of the "H" bulbs. How can I tell which one? How did they use my stock harness and convert the bulb to an "H"? Long story short I want to order the right HID kit to fit.

Also...My halos have already gone out and I have not even had them a year. Is there anything I can check as to see why?

Thanks in advance

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
I think a correct set of bulbs from DDM will run about $15.

Jolting

As for the harness thing, its all made just plug and play pretty much. My projectors plugged directly into the stock harness no issues. You said your halos are out? Those little rings? Just check to see if the dam leds fell out, or if the wiring is bad for them. My leds like to fall out. Could of even blown the little leds.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why did they install ebay projectors in your car did you buy them ?? and installing HIDs in those cheap headlights will damage the lens there not designed for those.

barndaley

wow. that's quite a sticky situation you got going there. have you had it fixed yet? this happened to a friend of mine. what got damaged was the back lights coz it was his fault anyway. he just had to replace the lights. i hope you get to solve this problem of yours right away. best of luck!

emDEUCE

Black Man Drivin!
5+ Year Member
Here is the situation as it stands now. I took the bulb out and its H3. Ok, so now I have an H3 and a 9006 HID kit...The thing about it is when I unplug the harness there are no spots to plug the metal prongs in for the H3. On the 9006 there is no way to snap the bulb into place (in the housing). Its a big mess. And I am not 100% certain they are anzo. The lights were 549.00 because I had to fit the difference between the lights I had in there and the ones installed now. Pretty sure they arent Ebay. And why wouldnt the projector handle a 35w HID kit when thats less than the halogen previously installed?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To be brutally honest, I highly suggest selling those garbage aftermarket headlights and buying used Honda OEM headlights along with some nice bright bulbs. But that's just my opinion.

emDEUCE

Black Man Drivin!
5+ Year Member
nice bright bulbs= money pit. They are bright for a few weeks...

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice bright bulbs= money pit. They are bright for a few weeks...
Incorrect. My neighbor has 6k HIDs from DDMtuning or w/e for his 02 civic. brightest headlights I have ever seen. They've been on there for a year, no issues.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have had my +80% rated (over stock) Philips Xtreme Power bulbs (that cost me less than $40) in my stock headlights for a few years now. No problems at all. They are BRIGHT. On top of PIAA H3 ion crystal bulbs in my fog lights and wiring my fog lights to stay on with my high beams, I can see EVERYTHING. I had P&P HID's in my stock head lights and they don't compare to what I'm running now. Sure the HID's were brighter in a more concentrated area (in front of the car, plus I had really bad glare), my current setup gives me better overall lighting.

This is where I got them:
http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulb_finder.asp?cat1=39&make_id=219&model_id=1076&year_id=1370&bulb=1

It's a UK based company but I had them in less than 5 business days from the day I ordered. Fast shipping and awesome prices.

Sweet-N-Sour

5+ Year Member
I have had my +80% rated (over stock) Philips Xtreme Power bulbs (that cost me less than $40) in my stock headlights for a few years now. No problems at all. They are BRIGHT. On top of PIAA H3 ion crystal bulbs in my fog lights and wiring my fog lights to stay on with my high beams, I can see EVERYTHING. I had P&P HID's in my stock head lights and they don't compare to what I'm running now. Sure the HID's were brighter in a more concentrated area (in front of the car, plus I had really bad glare), my current setup gives me better overall lighting.

This is where I got them:
http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulb_finder.asp?cat1=39&make_id=219&model_id=1076&year_id=1370&bulb=1

It's a UK based company but I had them in less than 5 business days from the day I ordered. Fast shipping and awesome prices.
i'd like to see how these looks, any picture?

Jolting

The OP asked the question "And why wouldnt the projector handle a 35w HID kit when thats less than the halogen previously installed? " I'm curious about this answer as well.