Aftermarket lower control arms (LCAs) myth

blknpurple

Myth:
-Aftermarket LCAs (Blox, BWR, Skunk2, Function7, etc) are slightly "shorter" or "angled" so that if your ride is lowered, they will correct camber ~1 degree.

Thoughts?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Huh?

Trekk

Registered VIP
Go stand 5 steps away from a wall, then lean over to it, now take one step forward, notice anything.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Myth:
-Aftermarket LCAs (Blox, BWR, Skunk2, Function7, etc) are slightly "shorter" or "angled" so that if your ride is lowered, they will correct camber ~1 degree.

Thoughts?
first time hearing about this "myth". where did you hear this?

Are you talking about Rear or Front LCA?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
MOST aftermarket LCAs, like the ones you named, have the same specs as stock LCAs as far as where the bolt holes are located thus making no change in camber from stock. SOME after markets LCAs have better swaybar mounting locations, like Function7. I have not seen any aftermarket company make a "shortened" LCA that would directly affect camber by itself. I believe I have seen some custom ones to achieve that idea though.

Really the only functional and performance oriented reasons to purchase aftermarket LCAs is for:
-Better bushings(poly, hard rubber, spherical)- though you can buy hard rubber for stock and call it a day.
-Additon of a swaybar endlink hole if stock doesn't have one.
-Better/more versatile swaybar endlink locations

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never heard that myth either.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive heard all sorts of things like that they lower your car and they adjust camber, I only feel a difference in stiffness but thats really all

blknpurple

Haha thanks for the input guys, it just there was this guy at work who claims that camber is affected when you get aftermarket lcas; and that they're made for "tuners" so they're made shorter, for lowered cars. LOL, I always take his "advices" with a grain of salt.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive heard all sorts of things like that they lower your car and they adjust camber, I only feel a difference in stiffness but thats really all
Yeah I seen it on some advertisement before, but its not true.