aftermarket navi?

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think getting the navi installed by honda is WAYYY out of my price range.

But next fall I'm going to college and want to get an in dash or flip out receiver with a navigation system.

I'm looking to spend 500 TOPS on the unit itself. Is this even possible? Or are there options of getting them used...

I've been looking on ebay and well, couldn't really find anything.

seabeeunit87

5+ Year Member
why dont you just get a TOMTOM from best buy for that price

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeaht thats what i was gonna say, Garmin and Magellin are good too, shop around online also u can find them cheaper

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy just got a new garman for like $480. I'd take one it is really nice.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why not spend a couple more and get the 2din dash from honda and then put in the pioneer 7" LCD stereo w/ navi?

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much does that pioneer unit cost?

do you have any links?

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's rather expensive: $1400

BUT it's the best money can buy right now for in-dash navi AND iits a 6 disc DVD MP3 player. you REALLY can't beat that

here's a link

kenwood also makes one, but i couldn't find pricing on it yet. i haven't heard all that much good about it (when comparing any other navi system to pioneer's, all the reviews are kinda biased).

clarion
also makes one, again can't find pricing

alot of manufacturers are jumping on this, and to be perfectly honest i don't know all that much about car audio, as it's close to the bottom of my list. from what i have read, and what i've been looking for, i stopped at pioneer. if it's out of your price range, again, alot of other manufacturers are on the boat.