aftermarket steering wheel

dj_clever

5+ Year Member
so i guess i'll get teh hub adapter first and then the quick release.
I'll have pics when i get it done..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While we're on the topic....

Does anybody sell a quick release for stock steering wheels? I like the oem wheel, but the theft deterrent would be nice.

guerra

5+ Year Member
our 7th gens with the immobilizer aren't going very far.
Hell to the yizzle yeah.. lol but seriously the avatar isnt that bad to me, its a bit wierd/creepy though. Now if my sister saw that she would flip s**t because she doesnt even like clowns to begin with. Much less crazy killing ones.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
everyone seems to think that a quick release will magically bolt on to their steering column

yea it doesnt work that way.

i'll take my nardi any day

and i can keep it in my apartment so my car wont get stolen.
X2 woodgrain ftw

ryanM

While we're on the topic....

Does anybody sell a quick release for stock steering wheels? I like the oem wheel, but the theft deterrent would be nice.
take off your steering wheel just to see how it is mounted

then you will know why you cant have a QR on a stock wheel.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
do you guys realize that TONS of cars didnt even come with air bags, and people drove them without dying in wrecks?

airbags werent mandated until 1996...

i dont like them in the first place.
that was an incredibly stupid statement.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it was just an ignorant statement, you might not have said they don't do s**t, but you know damn well airbags save thousands of peoples lives VS the cars that don't have them...like yours :what:
it wasnt ignorant at all. both statements were true and his opinion was a valid one. i too believe that airbags arent all that safe. hence the reason i removed mine also.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it wasnt ignorant at all. both statements were true and his opinion was a valid one. i too believe that airbags arent all that safe. hence the reason i removed mine also.
sure you can put up a fair argument of why they aren't all that safe. But if airbags had ratings that were to show people being injured more than people being saved...they wouldn't be manufactured in every car.

I don't know... everyone has their own opinions, I just believe in airbags and wouldn't drive a car without them.

ryanM

sure you can put up a fair argument of why they aren't all that safe. But if airbags had ratings that were to show people being injured more than people being saved...they wouldn't be manufactured in every car.

I don't know... everyone has their own opinions, I just believe in airbags and wouldn't drive a car without them.
and you are welcome to that opinion, i personally dont think you know what you are talking about, which is MY opinion, but we'll just leave that at that.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
and you are welcome to that opinion, i personally dont think you know what you are talking about, which is MY opinion, but we'll just leave that at that.
no you're right, the people who mandated the airbag don't have a clue what they're talking about...who would invent such a stupid thing, right? :thumbup: